Moxy by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown + airfare on Priceline

Wyotraveler
By Wyotraveler,
in

Hey all

I have looking been for several weeks at airfares, hotels, and hotel + air packages for a trip to Washington, D.C. this coming May and nothing really stood out, as an exceptional deal. Have been looking everywhere including, but limited to United.com, Expedia, and Priceline. Well today I decided to search the usual sites and found that the airfare had gone up by $100 or $150 depending on the flight and almost felt a little defeated. That being said I have learned to never give up and did a search at Priceline where I found a nice deal for a hotel + air package that is less then the price of the hotel by itself. Below are the details of the package I booked. 

Moxy by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown with airfare on United from CPR to DCA via DEN on 05/06/2020-05/11/2020 for $1365.85. While looking at Priceline I made sure that I was not selecting a Basic Economy Fare, as unlike some sites they do not offer the option upgrade to regular economy. After checking a few other travel sites I noticed that package price at over $2000. I then did a search for rates on this hotel and found many for over $1400 for my entire stay, which is more than the package I purchased. I feel that I got a great deal on what appears to be a unique hotel and I am very happy with purchase. 

On a side note Priceline does not offer an option for selecting a seat and I also did not notice any place to including my frequent flyer number. Despite this I was able to pull up this reservation at United.com and select my seats, as well as add my frequent flyer number (this makes it easier to pull this reservation later). Also used part of the package savings to pay for Economy Plus seat for the flights from DEN-DCA and DCA-DEN.

GREAT to see your persistence pay off... sometimes it's easy to give up but i'm glad to see you stuck with it and were successful!

Thank you for sharing your win and experience with the board.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]