Priceline Hotel: back up hotel?

hannahb352
By hannahb352,
in

I'm going to Las Vegas in late Jan of 2004 and would like to book a hotel as a back up and try to bid on priceline closer to my date. I'm just wondering if someone could tell me where is the best place to get a back up hotel..the best price with easy cancellation. Thanks for any help that you can give me

For most destinations, and especially Vegas, there is no 'best' place... you'll have to check all the usual suspects, but might be best to go directly to hotel's website since you want a refundable rate.

Have you tried bidding this yet? Unless you're trying for the 5* level (which would requre a very last minute bid) then i don't see any harm in beginning to bid it now if your plans are firm.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow you are fast! Well the 5* would be nice but is not needed. My girlfriends and I are all meeting there so we are having a difficult time pinning down the exact nights everyone will get there. I agree with you I would like to start bidding now and rebid and rebid :) I have been checking Hotwire lately and the one 4* they are showing (I think it is Treasure Island based on the vacations) is like 200+ dollars..which is way too much. I have checked into conventions but nothing to big that weekend, so I'm not sure why Hotwire is so expensive. I'll try hotel websites and see what kinds of deals I can find...thanks again.

I would suggest booking a back-up at one of the good, non-gaming hotels. They usually have the easiest cancelation policies and you can use the rate you get as a target to bet on PL/HW. My suggestions for back-up hotels include the Embassy Suites (on Swensen not the Convention Center Embassy), the Crowne Plaza (it is right next to the Hard Rock), the Hampton Inn on Tropicana (very new property), and the Amerisuites.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]