Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Marriott Resort

jvander
By jvander,
in

I really never expected to get this so far out. I started with $85 resort and was denied. Added free rebid and upped to $95. Got the San Juan Marriott!

We are traveling pre-cruise with several other couples, so I needed to see if they would want me to bid for them. Got 3 more rooms for Fri Jan 19th (one night only) for $95. Tried $90 but was denied.

This seems so early for San Juan! Great to see this market a little easier to get.

• 7 months later...

Some time ago, I booked and paid for 4 rooms in San Juan at the Marriot. One of the couples has had to drop out of our group and will not be using the room. However, another couple now wishes to go. My question is, since I paid for the room, can they use it? I will be there at check in, but it will not be for the original couple. My name is on the invoice for billing purposes only. Is there anything I should do to prevent a problem at check-in?

Thank you!

There's no guarantee this will work, but you can act like there's no problem at all, and have the person whose name is actually on the Priceline check-in form call up and say (or maybe even fax), "I'm going to be delayed, but my friend ___ will be arriving before me. Please let ___ check in to my room." If friend ___ puts down the credit card when he arrives, there shouldn't be a problem. Many people report this working. The fact that you are on the invoice might not help. It's possible the hotel would do a straightforward switch, but it's hard to tell in advance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]