Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Times Square - Theatre District) The Manhattan at Times Square

gadgetgirl
By gadgetgirl,
in

Budget is $150-200 anywhere in Manhattan or Brooklyn. Express deal is giving me $180 for Hudson and SoHo 54 which seems pretty good. Since there seem to be a decent number of 3* and up for under $200 I'm wondering if I can get a higher star category if I bid the same price.

I have to bring a car so I'm preparing to spend $60 for an overnight parking garage, just figured I'll find one on my own nearby.

Whether to bid or go with a PRICELINE EXPRESS property depends how flexible you are... if you're willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose vs. being able to guess/target the specific hotel that you will receive.

Is there a reason you mention the two hotels above, as i think there are better options available (especially when also considering HOTWIRE).  For example:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $105
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
==> Even Hotel Midtown East

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $120
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
==> Hilton Times Square

Thoughts on either of these properties and how they will work for your plans?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I started bidding at $130 and it was accepted at $160. With taxes, fees, and "resort" fee all in would have been $236. Then I looked at the hotel's actual website, which gave me a base fee of $130. I spent 50 minutes on the phone to get them to refund the difference per the Best Price Guarantee. This is the second time I've found a cheaper price on my own and had to call to get the difference, and I've only done Priceline about 10x.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Not sure if you didn't like either of the hotels above, but each was offered for substantially less than $160, so not sure why you continued to raise your bid over the price of the ones above.

Be sure to use our BiddingHelper.com for your future bidding, as it:

1) will offer a guess as to the PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE hotel being offered for

2) shows regular rate prices of hotels of the same star rating in the zone, thereby determining if the PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE offer is a good deal or not, and makes it easy to know what your maximum bid for a hotel of this star rating in the zone should be

3) has a priceline bidding form 'ready to go' if you decide not to go with the PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE offers

Hopefully once you got PRICELINE on the phone it was easy enough to have them refund the difference and that you ultimately had a fun time in NYC!

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Feel free to ask for a strategy before bidding in the future as i'm sure we could have prevented this overbid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]