Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Washington D.C. (City Center - Convention Center South) Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC

vholic
By vholic,
in

Offer price:$80.00/night

Adjusted room price (bid) with Hotel Fee Credit:$80.00/night

Hotel fee:$0.00

Number of rooms:1 room

Number of nights:3 nights

Room subtotal:$240.00

Hotel Fee:$0.00

The hotel charges an additional $0.00. Property Fees are not optional and typically cover items such as energy charges or safe fees. Charges for prepaid property fees may include tax.

Taxes & fees:$49.86

Total charged:  $289.86

I bid through BetterBidding's Quick Quote.

There's no mention of resort fee on checkout page. 

On the final invoice/won page, there was no mention on the resort fee as well.

Weird thing is that when I copied and pasted my confirmation, these two lines (not on my confirmation page) showed up (written on white ink?!?!):

Adjusted room price (bid) with Hotel Fee Credit:$80.00/night

The hotel charges an additional $0.00. Property Fees are not optional and typically cover items such as energy charges or safe fees. Charges for prepaid property fees may include tax.

I believe in my case, Priceline adjusted my bid to include resort fee, so $80 is all in.

Also, I bid 3.5* and got upgraded to 4.5*. 

Moderator(s), I understand this has been discussed a few times. Thoughts?

Congratulations on your success!

Priceline doesn't show a resort fee for this property when booking direct for your dates so i'm not sure if they are including the resort fee in the 'taxes and fees' section or not and/or if this effects the wording for when this property is won thru a priceline bid.  PRICELINE (and other booking companies) don't like resort fees either as its is revenue that they are not collecting a commission on, and i have read that they have started to charge hotels a commission on any mandatory fees that are charged directly by the hotel... perhaps this 'bundling' may have something to do with this.  Personally i'm not certain how good of a practice this is on the 'retail' side since it is not entirely clear if the resort fee is included in the bundled 'taxes and fees' or not.  It would also seem more complicate for the hotel to keep track of which customers have pre-paid the resort fee (thru their online purchase) vs. how they still need to collect the resort fee from... although i suspect this has all been thought through and a solution is already in place.  Regardless, I would make sure to save the confirmation email that indicates "The hotel charges an additional $0.00." just in case the hotel does try to charge you an additional fee.

Even if the resort fee was not included, this looks to be an excellent deal and glad to see you did quite well on this purchase!

Thank you for using the QuickQuote search box from BetterBidding, but also note (if you're not aware) that we also have set up BiddingForHotelRooms.com for instances when you just need direct access to the bidding page.

Have a great trip... please let us know after your stay if you had any issues with the resort fee.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Confirming that resort fee was not included, and that I was charged $28.73 per day ($24.99 fee + $3.74 tax). However, this turned out to be an excellent stay. I was upgraded to a very spacious Monte Carlo room and the staff truly provided an excellent service. In addition, they reimburse Uber/cab fare under $10 for for rides at certain hours (8-10am and 5-7pm).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]