Hotwire Hotel: Universal Studios Resort and Express Pass

askimos
By askimos,
in

Hi friends!

I was wondering if you can be of help. I saw that there is a Hotwire Hot Deal for 1 night--June 21 to 22--in the Universal Studios Resorts area in Orlando Florida for a 4 star hotel. My family of 4 is hoping to get a resort that we can tag Express Passes to. The only hotels that provide this are the Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay, and Hard Rock hotels. I want to make sure that we don't get the Double Tree, which I know is also a 4 star, as this doesn't provide the same Universal perks. Any advice on how to place a bid and get an EP resort at a better discount than what is being advertised as a "hot deal" at about $379?

I see you have another Priceline Disney hotel thread which includes the nite above... have you already made  plans for the other 2 nites of this trip?  Please follow-up your previous thread with your current thoughts/plans/decision for that leg of your trip.

Assuming this is the hotel you are referring to (i'm seeing $386 when searching for 2adults/2children... are you including the children in your search where you see $379?):

4* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando Resort for $386.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> best guess for this one would be Universal's Loews Royal Pacific Resort 

You can't Bid on Priceline for this nite as there is no way to target (or avoid) a specific hotel in the zone.  There are a few other reasons why, which are more technical in nature, but this alone is probably enough to have you drop the idea of NYOP Bidding for this nite of your trip.

I did check PRICELINE EXPRESS for this nite but don't see any of the three hotels that you mentioned above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please further reply to your Disney Swan hotel purchase indicated thru which service you purchased that hotel so we can edit the topic title accordingly, have it appear in the correct forum, and appear in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

For the trip above, what is your budget for this leg of your trip?  If a Loews property that offers Express Passes does not appear within your budget, what is your gameplan (ie- stay at a non-Universal property, increase your budget, skip Universal this trip, etc)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]