Priceline Hotel: Paris in less than 60 days

stbrantley
By stbrantley,
in

Hello...

I am looking for a hotel in Paris around the Eiffel tower or Arc de Triomphe for July 29-August 7th. I am looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel. I tried the Priceline Express (which I found a great deal for a 5 star in Eiffel area but it disappeared when I went to go book). The 4 start express deal, I have narrowed down to be the Hotel Mecure Paris. Should I try bidding instead of the Express Deals?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What was the price of the 5 star 'great deal' you found on PRICELINE EXPRESS but disappeared before you were able to commit to purchase?

Currently i'm seeing this 4 star property:

4* Arc de Triomphe West - Etoile - 17th Arr. (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $100/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet available
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Novotel Paris 17 would be my best guess for this one

For about the same price, on HOTWIRE i'm also seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Eiffel Tower for $102.57
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess here would be the Le Parisis Paris Tour Eiffel

or if you're willing to pay more for a 5 star:

5* HOTWIRE North of Champs Elysées - Arc de Triomphe for $181.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Hotel Balzac Paris Champs Elysees is my guess for this one

So whether to take one of these offers or bidding on Priceline in hopes of a lower price depends how much you like the offer(s) above and how well one of them may work for your needs vs. saving a few dollars and being willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.  How important to you are things like room size, reviews, knowing amenities offered, etc, etc relative to price... if price is most important then trying priceline's Name Your Own Price could make sense; if there is value in taking a guess as to the hotel you may receive prior to your purchase (and therefore know things like reviews, amenities, exact location, etc) then paying a little more thru HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS could make sense.

Do any of the properties above work well for your needs?  What is your expected budget?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

PS- note that priceline continues to move / hide the Name Your Own Price bidding page, if you do decide to go this route, please use the page we set up for direct access to the bidding page: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3 minutes ago, stbrantley said:

Is it better to go with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE??

Neither if 'better' each and every time, which is why we use both (and why we created the BiddingHelper.com which shows results for both sites with one search :wink:)... go with the one that offers the best deal for your specific dates, budget, needs, etc.

What is most important to you for this trip... taking a guess and knowing a little about the hotel prior to your purchase OR the absolute lowest price?

What is your budget for a 5 star property?  For a 4 star property?

Any specific needs you have in a hotel for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate this.... Wish I would have found this sooner

Budget for a 5 star I probably wouldn't want to go over $235 (but I know that is doubtful)

Budget for a 4 star I probably wouldn't want to go over maybe $185-ish. I know that I do not want the Novotel or the Hotel Mecure. 

I would like to know something about the hotel if possible... I know I am giving mixed signals LOL sorry!

I would like a hotel that have really positive reviews like a minimum of 8/10.

No real specific needs beside free wifi and a non smoking room... But a WANT is a spa (if possible).

I accidentally researched the wrong zone, i was looking at Champs Elysees, thinking that was one of the zones you mentioned, so i'll at least present some of my findings since some of these have excellent reviews, may offer better value than what you were looking at previously, and may still be close enough to your desired location to work for your needs (since it's near the Arc de Triumph)...

4* HOTWIRE South of Champs Elysées - Trocadéro for $99.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> best guess would be the Room Mate Alain (recent name change from MonHotel Paris)... HOTWIRE shows this hotel has a 5.0 TA rating

5* HOTWIRE South of Champs Elysées - Trocadéro for $169.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> Ascott Arc de Triomphe Paris

5* HOTWIRE South of Champs Elysées - Trocadéro for $189.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> Majestic Hotel - Spa

Would any of these seem to work well for your plans... or do we need to stick with only the previous zones you had mentioned?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]