Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Empire State Building - Bryant Park) The Gotham Hotel

Thuri
By Thuri,
in

Hi!

First of all: Thanks for all the content and help in this forum, you've already helped me a lot! In fact, I spent the whole afternoon browsing through the topics and hopping between this site and Priceline/Hotwire 🙂 but now I'd love some professional help if you can find the time, that yould be awesome!

My husband and I travel to New York from 5/3 to 5/5. This will be our 2nd trip but we don't know the different parts of the city that well, so I'm open to suggestions 🙂 This time I want to splurge a little bit so I'm looking for a 4* or 4.5* hotel somewhere around Rockefeller Center, Central Park South, Empire State Building - Bryant, Upper W/E Side (not within my budget though), SoHo - Tribeca in a Boutique Hotel would also be okay.

Our hotel should not cost more than 200 USD / night (Resort Fee included), of course I'd love to stay under 200 $.

That's what I've done/found so far:

Bidding on Priceline up to 130 USD/night (not more because also a Resort Fee up to 50 USD was added) for 4.5* around Rockefeller, then I stopped because I saw here in the forum that some people found really good deals for that money or less, like the Warwick for 130 USD...

And I found a deal on hotwire: 4.5-star Hotel in Empire State Building - Bryant Park area, 174 USD plus 19.00 Resort Fee (should be the Archer, Royalton, Kitano or Gotham).

I'm not so keen for The Gotham (or am I wrong and it is better than I think?) but would love to stay at the Royalton 😉 (Or in another part of the city in the Warwick. Or the Lotte...) Also I'm open for suggestions!

Thank you guys and have a great day!

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and thanks for the compliments on the site, we are always glad to hear that users are finding the information helpful :smile:)

I'm local to the area so will try to add some insight and help you find a hotel that will meet your needs.

To begin, note that you're coming to NYC during what is considered to be high-season, rates are typical low before mid-March and gradually continue to move higher as we head deeper into Spring (the Warwick example that you mention i suspect is before mid-March or very early in Spring... or perhaps a Sunday nite when rates also go down considerably, since tourists have already gone home and business travelers have not yet arrived). 

If you're looking for something really nice i think a more realistic budget is $200/nite before taxes/fees, which would get you something along the lines of:

4.5* Midtown East (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $198/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> InterContinental New York Barclay Hotel is best guess for this one

4.5* HOTWIRE Empire State Building - Bryant Park for $174.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess here would be the Gotham Hotel

If you need to stay within a $200 all-in budget and are willing to stay Downtown i'm also seeing this offer from HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE World Trade Center - Wall Street for $150.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> from the NYC Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Moxy NYC Downtown.  This is a new hotel so admittedly i don't know too much about it, but it does get a 100% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests.

Any of the above you think could work for your needs? (NOTE: even lowering to the 3/3.5* level does not see a big drop in prices for these dates)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your quick response, this is really helpful. The 3rd option (what's probably the Moxy) sounds also good, so I'd go for #2 or #3. I'll show both potential hotels to my husband and then we decide in which part of the city we want to stay. Luxury problems... 🙂

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]