Assistance in Bidding - BUF Airport 3/13 - 3/14 compact/Economy

schumia
By schumia,
in

Hi thereuare,

After I type in the search criteria at Priceline's initial screen, I was brought to another page with a table listing all the prices from the rental companies. Beneath the table, There's something like "Upgrade and Save when you name your own price" and it has some price links such as "Standard for $23/day, full size $23/day, Sport Utility $28, Mini Van $30/day... etc"

And when I click on the links, I'm led to the "Name your Own Price" page where I can fill in the "Car Type" "Driver infO", "Flight info.. etc" One thing is that the actual place where I type in a price to bid is "Pre-filled" with $23.00. I suppose that's because I clicked on the $23/day link.

Am I mistaken or is that just an ad and does not apply to my actual booking? In any case, I should be able to bid lower than the $45 found from regular fares right? Should I try bidding at $23?

Thanks for your prompt response!!

Jeff

I'm not certain, but I think it is both an ad and applies to your own dates... but i'm not sure if can be undercut or not. I think it's an ad since it says "from $23/day" but may be tailored to your dates since if you change the dates to a month later the price goes up.

Since there is a $23 rate shown for both full size and standard, i would try to undercut the full size offer by bidding $19... if that is rejected and no-counter offer is given i would then try to take the $23 offer for a standard.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereyouare,

Here is what I've found out about PL bidding and that I've decided to purchase via National Car rental.

We talked about PL suggested $23/day to start bidding for my car rental at Buffalo ariport on mar 13-14.

It turns out, since this is my 1st try at car rental, I didn't realize there's a "under-age" cost. I'm only 24.

So I tried as you suggested with a 1st bid of $20 on a Full size car. A msg came up, saying "this will likely not be accepted since underage charges more...," I ignored it thinking it could be just a trap and of course I didn't get that.

Then I stumpled across some guy's post on regarding some rental coupons with NO ADDITIONAL under-age fees, and I managed to find cheapest rental from National to be around $42.97 for a day..

I decided to try PL bidding again to see if it can beat National's price. I thought the bid price should be a bit lower than National's, otherwise what's the point. I tried $30 bid and total came up to $36.95 after PL's ridiculous service charge, and that didn't go through either.

The conclusion is: I went with National and did not pay underage fees. I don't think I lost out because Priceline wouldn't have been able to offer it cheaper anyways. I just don't understand why rental prices on Mon, Mar 13 is so expensive, even for regular-age drivers. Cheapest I could find as in my earlier posts, was around $46/day.

Thanks very much for your time and I luv this forum !!

p.s. I was trying to post the link where I found the coupons for National but the forum posting didn't allow me to. Are we not encouraged to share coupon info?

Jeff

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]