Hotwire Hotel: Miami, Brickell, 5 Star, February 21-23, 2019

lovestotravel2012
By lovestotravel2012,
in

Hi.

I am on the tab where you can compare Hotwire and Priceline prices.

For the dates, February 21-23, 2019, 5 Star in Miami, Brickell Area, there is a Hotwire price for $232.

When I click on "Is this a good price" these are the listing of hotels that appear:

JW Marriott Miami (my least favorite, I've stayed there before but still nice)

Four Seasons (have stayed here very nice)

W Miami (Never have stayed)

When I click on Amenities, one of the amenities is golf.

I went to the websites of Marriott, Four Seasons and W and all three do not list golf.

The full listing is:

FULL AMENITIES: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Wheelchair Accessible

Are the three hotels that it showed me just a sample? Just trying to figure it all out.

Thank you all very much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For this HOTWIRE offer:

5* HOTWIRE Brickell - Financial District for $232.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Wheelchair Accessible
==> best guess would be the JW Marriott Miami

While this hotel may not be your favorite, is it worthwhile at nearly half of the prevailing rate? (i'm not saying it is or isn't, you know your needs for this trip better than we do)

Not sure of your budget for this trip, but i'm also seeing the following from Priceline Express:

4.5* Downtown Miami - Brickell Financial District (<-- CLICK HERE confirm your dates on the landing page) for $271/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
==> Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami is my best guess for this one, should this be more to your liking

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you take either offer above let us know how it goes. or let us know more about your requirements for this trip (is this the only acceptable zone, maximum budget, does it have to be 5 stars or would a nice 4*/4.5* do just as well, etc, etc) and we'll try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much! I look forward to reading all the material this weekend.

Yes, you are correct. Even though the JW Marriott wouldn't be my favorite, I would most

certainly pay the $232 for that property.  However, I currently have the Kimpton Epic

for a two night total stay with taxes/fees for $560, which I think is a really great rate

considering there is the SOBE Food and Wine and just that it is February.

I'm coming in two nights pre cruise so while I want a great rate, I'm not sure I want to loose

my $560 for Epic since it is a place I haven't stayed at before and I think my rate is good.

I would be willing to pay higher in the future but for the Epic at $560, it is now my price point to beat :)

What would you do?  Do you agree?

I don't have firsthand experience with either hotel nor what your plans are during this pre-cruise stay so difficult for me to say what is 'better' (NOTE: for the future we also run Pre Cruise Hotels... please let your fellow cruisers know:smile:)

The rate at the Epic seems good vs. current prices, but so does the following which is just above the Brickell zone and closer to the port:

5* HOTWIRE Downtown - Port of Miami for $238.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> JW Marriott Marquis Miami is my best guess for this one (and just as well reviewed as the Kimpton Epic, as per TA)

If cost is a concern (it doesn't appear to be but i'm just trying to give you options):

5* HOTWIRE Downtown - Port of Miami for $181.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one would be the ME Miami by Melia... $50/nite cheaper and still 5 star rated but reviews not as good

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know you ultimately decide to do (even if it's stick with your current reservation) or how it goes if you take one of the above OR how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]