Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Miami Airport (MIA) DoubleTree Club

2pi
By 2pi,
in

• 4 weeks later...

I just got an email from Priceline saying that my reservation was moved to another hotel because the Doubletree closed.

New hotel:

Embassy Suites Miami Airport

3974 NW S River Road

Miami, FL 33142

(305)634-5000

The minimum advertised rate on the web for this hotel is $120. So its seems that even with the extra $6 for parking, I got a better deal.

2pi.

PS: The total with taxes for two days was $81.46.

Thanks for the update.

I think this is a HUGE upgrade!

Embassy Suites offers free breakfast in the morning (a hot breakfast) as well as a 2 hour Manager's Reception every nite with free drinks and hors d'oerves.

Have an extra glass of wine, stuff some mini egg rolls in your pockets, and order extra bacon in your omelet and call it even! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great! :). Thanks for the info. I didn't know Embassy Suites hotels had these. I became a little bit suspicious about high-level hotels. Many times you can get the room at a low rate, but they charge you extra for everything. It seems that this hotel chain is an exception.

I wasn't very happy with the original hotel (Doubletree Miami Airport). It seemed to be a very old property. But with this 'upgrade' it became a really good offer.

Priceline booked me a smoking room! :) The hotel was full and didn't have a non-smoking room available. Luckily, the room didn't stink to smoke and it was ok.

:) An interesting fact: I was given by mistake a hotel bill showing the rate that PL paid for the room: $37 per night (about $41 with taxes). So they incurred in a net loss in this reservation unless they were compensated by the closing of the Doubletree.

I'll soon post a review of this hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]