Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park) Omni Berkshire Place

Tony305
By Tony305,
in

Hello,

My wife and I are looking to spend two nights in New York City (Jan 18 & 19) and so I am looking for a good deal in a location that is centralized to most of the touristy parts. I have heard that Times Square is a good central location. If there are any suggestions or advice, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm very familiar with NYC and would be happy to help.

First, keep in mind that although NYC is very dense, it is also fairly spread out as far as cities go, so you won't necessarily be able to walk everywhere you want to go, no matter how 'central' of a location you choose.  Usually what is more important is to be closer to a subway station (ideally more than one and/or multiple subway lines) so that getting places is a short walk to the train.

Some properties that i think would be of interest, along with my best guess for each:

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $94/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> Hotel Boutique At Grand Central or the Club Quarters Hotel Grand Central.  These are basically 'sister' properties that operate out of the same location/address.  Location-wise it's about a 2 block walk to Grand Central where you can pick-up various subway lines and/or is about a 15 minute walk to Times Square.  If these properties are of interest and one is more appealing than the other we can further research and supply links to either.

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $104/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Omni Berkshire Place which would be an excellent location just north of Times Square (about 5 minute walk to the northern tip of Times Square) as well as multiple subway stations around.  Hotel gets very good reviews.

4* Times Square - Theatre District (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $116/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, which is more of a business hotel and not as nice as the Omni, imo, but will put you just 1-2 blocks to Times Square if that is your primary objective (although as per my comments above i think it's important to be easily accessible to Times Square, but not necessarily stay right in the heart of it (which can also get annoying given the congestion on the sidewalks each time you want to come/go from your hotel))

4.5* Midtown East (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $121/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
==> recently renovated in the last couple of years and gets excellent reviews.  Very nice hotel, although a little less convenient than some of the others above (as only one subway station nearby).  I DON"T think it's inconvenient, but just not as convenient as the others.

Let us know your thoughts on the above... do any of these work for your needs this trip?  If not, let us know more about what it is that you're seeking (lower price, paying more for higher rated hotel, etc, etc) and we will try to help you find something that meets your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you SO much for your detailed advice! I ended up going with Bryant Park and indeed I got Omni Berkshire Place. 

For what it's worth, the promo code BBJAN2019 was not accepted. The total (with $10 protection fee) came out to $330.34 for a "King Bed Deluxe Room" for the two weekend nights. I'm sure it's a good deal for a 4.5 star hotel in the middle of NYC.

Thanks again, you are doing the Lord's work here, lol. Go Blue! 😉

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are looking forward to your weekend away.

Thanks for letting us know about the Priceline Coupon issue, we'll look into it and correct right away.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]