Priceline Hotel: Best time to bid Vegas?

belgo
By belgo,
in

Boy, I really got salivating when I saw rainarrainar get TI for $63 a night :) on 3/25/06. which is a Saturday night. The best deal which seems to be available for that night is $309!! I'm noticing now that most of the 4* -type properties (MGM Grand, NYNY, etc.) are going for $250 a night for the week-end I want (June 2). So the MGM Grand would cost me half a grand :) . Is this because the bid was closer to the date? Right now my cancellable reservation is for the Airport Doubletree at $99 a night. I'm a VIP Gold with Hilton family, so I would theoretically get an upgraded room and free breakfast there (in addition to points), but if I could get a 4* on the strip for under that price, that would be great. We will be driving (finishing our grand tour of the Southwest), so we don't need to be on the strip, but I suppose it could be fun. I"ve also stayed at the Golden Nugget, and love the Fremont Street experience, so I also wouldn't mind staying there if we can get it for $70 or less (current price $110 on a non-priceline deal).

It sure is! :) I'm learning all kinds of things while preparing for this grand Southwest road trip! Unfortuantely, I only started posting on this site after I booked by refundable non-opaque reservations. I'll know for the next trip, though...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]