Priceline Hotel: NYC Stay December Festive Bidding Help

maceyp
By maceyp,
in

Hi all,

Basically myself and my other half just got married in September and I wanted to take her on a secret honeymoon. She knows nothing about it just that she had to book the time off work. 

Areas i have been looking in New York are:- Central Park South, Midtown East, Time Square. I am open to more areas but we basically want to experience the Christmas Spirit in New York and do festive things during our stay. I've looked at Priceline and being a newbie to it was basically after some assistance on bidding, starting bid etc. Or if i would be better off with Express deal on Hotwire.
Hotel: 4* or higher
City: New York (open to zones)
Travel Dates: 16 to 23 Dec
Room rate: Flexible.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your recent nuptials :wub: ... keep up surprises like this one and i'm sure you will have a very long and happy marriage!

As for your NYC trip, i'm very well versed in this area (as well as with PRICELINE and HOTWIRE) so if you have a ballpark idea of a budget per nite it will at least give us an idea of where to start (and i'll keep value in mind when suggesting anything that is above/below your target budget).

For instance i see a 4* hotel in the MSG area for $106/nite but it is likely the New Yorker and not something i would recommend when there are other options available; on the other end of the spectrum i'm seeing what looks to be the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan, which is a great hotel, but priced at $235/nite... a very wide disparity between these hotels in terms of quality and as well as in price, so having an idea of what you are thinking in terms of price will give us a better idea of where to start our focus.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]