Priceline Hotel: NYC hotel bidding help nov3-7

lcoore
By lcoore,
in

If you recall, can you please conclude your previous Halifax Priceline hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

For your trip above, i'm very familiar with NYC... what exactly is it that you're looking for and what is important to you in a hotel?

You may want to consider PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE as it will give you a little more control to target a specific hotel and/or the amenities that are offered; is there a reason you prefer to bid for a hotel room? (NOTE: if you have trouble finding the bidding page on priceline we have set up the following page for easy access: BiddingForHotelRooms.com)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above (and conclude your Halifax thread) and we will try to help you find something that meets your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have concluded the Halifax thread. 

In  a hotel, I am looking for nothing major  in terms of amenities... 2 beds would be preferred but I know that can get pricey in new York so 1 queen or 1 king is okay as well. I like a updated, clean good central location. 

Not knowing New York, I juts wasn’t sure on area. I think I did I want to avoid Times Square ( as the quick trip I did have to New York I wasn’t impressed with that area) 

I am am open to the express deals on both Priceline and Hotwire. I was just thinking bidding of bidding to see if I could get a better deal. 

Thank you for closing your previous thread.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

For NYC...

3 hours ago, lcoore said:

1 queen or 1 king is okay as well

There is no way to ensure the bed type when bidding on PRICELINE, which is why i had suggested PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE where some hotels will give you a Bed Choice option and the ability to choose the room configuration.

3 hours ago, lcoore said:

I like a updated, clean good central location

Most anyplace midtown should work fine, ideally a hotel near a subway line (or even more preferred is multiple subway lines/stations).  However, if you find PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE hotels that are within your budget and satisfactory, the advantage over bidding is that you are able to take a guess as to which hotel it is that is being offered and therefore know the quality/reviews and also know the precise location (which then you can determine just how convenient within the zone the location is for your needs).

Do you have any specific plans that you intend to do while in the city this trip?  What was it about Times Square that you didn't like?  How much of a factor is budget/cost? (is quality/reviews more or less of a factor than cost?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I took all you said into account and checked out the express deals:

4 star Empire State Building area for 191 

with airport shuttle, business centre and non smoking 

Using your link when I go to book it say 2 double beds available.

I’m thinking this is probably the iberostar:

As for why I didn’t want Times Square, I don’t really have a good answer, just a few people told me I didn’t need to stay there and when I was there it didn’t seem like anything special at all.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Empire State Building Area (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $195
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Iberostar 70

4* Midtown East (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $209
Fitness Center
Business Center
>>>Fifty Hotel and Suites by Affinia would be best guess.

4* Empire State Building Area (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $239
Fitness Center
Business Center
>>>Best guess would be the St Giles Tuscany

HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $162.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Affinia Shelburne

4* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $232.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Bathroom Accessible
==>  Best guess would be the Crowne Plaza Midtown Manhattan

Would any of these options be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]