Hotwire Hotel: Help for Hotel in Washington DC 09/19-09/21

Leylas_Mom
By Leylas_Mom,
in

Hello, 

as you sooo helpful I will ask you for another stay.

I'm still planing our road trip and out next stop after Philadelphia will be Washington DC. We plan to stay 2 nights, 09/19 - 09/21

Our Budget is $120 USD. Hotel should be central and clean. I also need the possibilty to park with our car there. Where to stay in DC?

We are 2 adults and one 2 year old child. 

I saw this option:

4* Dupont Embassy Row- $110 USD

FULL AMENITIES: Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Pet Friendly

Should I wait to book my hotel for washington?I don't know why the prices are so high?

When I read in this forum I see that other people get really good deals in the white house area but the prices start at $170 USD in this are. 

Thank you very much for your help,

The Washington DC hotel market is driven by political events, conferences, rallies, protests, etc.. all bring in people from out of town who need hotel rooms to stay in.  If you're seeing high rates for a given set of dates it likely has to be with a large event, or multiple events, taking place over the period.  You're also in a city where many hotel rooms are only designed for double occupancy, so searching for triple occupancy requires an 'upgraded' (and therefore more expensive) room.

For this offer:

4* HOTWIRE Dupont - Embassy Row for $110.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection by Hilton

If you were to purchase a room that only guaranteed double occupancy would you be OK, in a 'worst case scenario', having him/her sleep on a chair/ottoman pushed together, on an extra set of pillow/sheets you set up on the floor, etc?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]