Priceline Hotel: Priceline London 2 + a toddler

s_a_s_travel
By s_a_s_travel,
in

Planning to spend 3 nights in London later this month, possibly near Paddington (but open to other suggestions of where would be good for transportation and with a 2.5 year old), ideally a solid 4-star or 5-star hotel for less than $200 /night after taxes.  How likely is it that end up in a hotel that will not accommodate 2 + a toddler? Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If in the US i would typically say not an issue with a small child/toddler, but Europe is a different story and i would not bid on PRICELINE.

However, I would suggest:

1) HOTWIRE where you can include 1 child in your search

2) PRICELINE EXPRESS if we're able to have a high degree of confidence in the offer and then research that indicates standard rooms at the property can accommodate 3 people

Have you yet decided upon the actual dates of your trip and/or zones that you're interested in?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I didn't find anything in the price range on HOTWIRE when include a child, without a child there is one 4-star for $173/night in Notting Hill, Paddington, Bayswater, wifi, restaurant, smoke-free room, with some research seems likely to be Thistle Kensington Gardens and it seems cheaper to book on Expedia.  Not much on PRICELINE EXPRESS either, renting an apartment is looking more promising.

Assuming you're referring to this offer:

4* HOTWIRE Notting Hill - Bayswater - Paddington Station for $173.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> i'd agree that the Thistle Kensington Gardens is likely for this one, but the all-in price from Expedia is $900 vs. $675 from this HOTWIRE offer (and that is before our current Hotwire Coupon)... are you sure you were comparing the same occupancy for each?  This same offer does give a bed choice of 2 Twin beds ($187/nite) or 1King bed for $194/nite should this be a property you are actually interested in.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help.  On Expedia after I signed in I ended up getting a total rate of around $650 (it seems a special rate if you have an expedia login) which turned out to be less, but can't reproduce that today.  From what I can tell, twin and single are the same in the UK, on other websites the only bed choices I see for the hotel are twin, double and king (this is the case on both Thistle and Expedia).  It seems on hotwire if I specify 2 guests and get the family room which sleeps 3 it will be $711 (this doesn't show up if I search with 2 adults + child), it is more on Expedia ($771, Expedia similarly has an issue with 2 adults + child, even though it says room is for 3, it claims the # of guests exceed it).  I would think if I chose the guaranteed room for 3 on HOTWIRE I won't have an issue even though it will say 2 guests on the reservation?  I will hopefully decide soon, 5% off makes it more reasonable compared to an apartment.

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

4* Notting Hill - Paddington Station Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $165/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> not 100% certain, but i feel 'good' with a guess of the La Suite West for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]