Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown East) The Westin New York Grand Central

captainkechele
By captainkechele,
in

Hi,

We found this hotel, we need help please:

4-star Hotel in Midtown East area

|  75% |  (2001+ reviews)

$200.00 per night (Normally $229)

Resort fee $25

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

We are looking for a 4* hotel in Midtown Manhattan (Midtown East,) preferably. If anyone has any better suggestions, please let us know! (Budget $1k TOPS with all fees)

Thank you so much!

I'm not seeing any 4* hotel in this zone when searching for your dates... do you still see this one on your own search and/or are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?

To confirm your dates are Oct 18-21?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PS- please also follow-up your previous Ft. Lauderdale Hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see the $202 offer (now back to $200) but it has different amenities than what you listed above, i'm seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $200
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> The Maxwell New York City would be my best guess for this one (previously the W New York)

Other than keeping your all-in budget under $1K for this trip, what are your needs for this stay?

For example, for just about the same price why not the following:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $201.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab and the 'what hotel is this' feature best guess for this one would be the YOTEL New York at Times Square, which has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating

or if you don't mind being a bit far east:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $231.53
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown East which is a new hotel that has been getting excellent reviews (but it is just a bit far east which may or may not be an issue depending upon your needs for this trip)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes (if you take one of the offers above) or more about your plans for this trip and we will try to help you find something that meets your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a 4* in MTE with those amenities when searching for these dates. Are you still seeing the above listing?

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $199.62
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  If you are seeing this amenity set, - not certain, but a guess would be the Maxwell.

But the potential Maxwell listing has a $25 a night resort fee and a 3.5/5 tripadvisor rating. So essentially you're paying $225 a night for a hotel that gets somewhat mixed reviews.

I'm also seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $234.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
==>  Best guess would be the Even Hotel MTE. There is a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page and no resort fee is listed, so for $9 more a night then the above listing, you're getting a hotel with considerably better reviews.

Would either of these possibilities be of interest?

I'm also seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $245
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Free Internet
>>>Tryp Times Square South would be my best guess.

Thank you for keeping us updated and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

5 hours ago, AaronJB said:

I'm also seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $245
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Free Internet
>>>Tryp Times Square South would be my best guess.

This looks nice!

So did you go for the one above?

If not, what further is it that you are looking for?

PS- please update your email address associated with the board as your subscription notifications are bouncing back to us.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this property will work well for your plans this trip.

Nearby this hotel i recommend:

Ess-A-Bagel for breakfast:

831 3rd Ave (on Third Ave between 50th and 51st Streets)

==> great NYC bagels

El Rio Grande

160 E 38th St (on Third Ave on west side of the street between 37th and 38th street at the base of the apartment building)

==> excellent frozen margaritas... chips, salsa, (both free at the bar) and guacamole (expensive) are all very good, but i would eat a full meal elsewhere

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]