Priceline Hotel: Last Minute NYC Trip Help

my_dd_cherish
By my_dd_cherish,
in

Please help! I am surprising my 15 yr old with her first trip to NYC. It’s very last minute, our dates are 9/7 to 9/11. I want to stay somewhere near Times Square and in a safe area. I never knew this would be harder than booking a hotel at Disney World in Orlando! I would like to be under 900 USD all inclusive for the hotel. Thank you so much for the help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm quite familiar with NYC so i will try to this journey easier for you.:wink:

If you're willing to stretch your budget this would be my recommendation:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $238/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan... newer hotel that has been getting excellent reviews and currently the 27th best reviewed property in the city; with the board's Priceline Coupon this comes to about $1100 all-in

If you need to keep it more within budget some other options:

4* Times Square - Theatre District (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $198/nite with:

Business Center
Restaurant
==> best guess is the Distrikt Hotel New York City Times Square... nice hotel, but once again, all-in you're within arms reach of the Crowne Plaza and i would give the edge to the Crowne Plaza (although if that property wasn't offered this would be the best of what i'm seeing)

Best guesses/comments/thoughts from HOTWIRE...

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $161.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown East ... another newer hotel getting great reviews.  The location is do-able, but a bit too far east to be considered ideal, imo, although at this price it certainly is a great value and one to consider if you're not able to stretch your budget for one of the properties above

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $170.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel is a 'business hotel' which has a great location just outside of Times Square which makes for easy access to both the subway and Times Square, and also not right directly in Times Square which makes it easier to get in/out of your hotel each time you're coming/going (the sidewalks located directly in Times Square itself can get so crowded that it can become difficult to walk)

Thoughts/questions on the above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For this HOTWIRE offer:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $168.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> from the New York City Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel and would be our best guess for this one

HOWEVER, i would ask the question: Why??

With the resort fee included you're looking at a $197/nite room rate vs. our guessed Crowne Plaza HY36 above thru PRICELINE EXPRESS, which when used in conjunction with our Priceline Coupon, comes to $226/nite which is currently one of the top rated hotels in NYC.  BUT even better is that this hotel has gone down a few dollars since it was posted above:

On 8/26/2018 at 10:53 PM, thereuare said:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $238/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan... newer hotel that has been getting excellent reviews and currently the 27th best reviewed property in the city

This property is no longer appearing when searhing PRICELINE EXPRESS, but the link above is still working and when clicking it you will see the rate has dropped to $191/nite... less our 5% Priceline Express Coupon brings this to $181/nite which is even less than the HOTWIRE hotel you just inquired about.  I felt this property was worth it vs. the others at $238... at $191 it just    becomes that much better of a deal.

Is this property missing something that you think is important and needed for your stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I definitely agree that the MSG 4.5* option would be an excellent choice. I'm also not seeing it when searching, but the link above - at least at this point - is still working for me.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

7 hours ago, my_dd_cherish said:

I think the non Times Square location is it...as she has never been, it’s a goofy tourist thing!

I'm not following... are you looking at Times Square only or are you looking outside of Times Square?

Times Square is great to visit, people watch, see at nite, etc, etc, but you will likely spend far less time there than you think.

9 hours ago, my_dd_cherish said:

But seriously it is like going to Disney and  staying on property or off. 

NOPE... it's not!

To stick with your analogy it's more like staying on-site at Disney but that not being good enough because you're not in Cinderella's castle. :biggrin:

Staying outside of Manhattan (Jersey City, Hoboken, Long Island City, Secaucus, etc) and commuting in is more like comparing on-site/off-site at Disney, but staying at most places in midtown you're still 'in the heart of it all'.

All of the discussion above may soon be a moot point as these offers may disappear and/or change more quickly inside of a week.

Let's take another perspective, what hotel(s) do you think would be good for your trip?

NOTE: my comments above are based upon the Crowne Plaza HY36 (as i think it's that easy of a decision and the clear winner for your trip)... i'm not sure which two properties you were comping at .6 vs .3

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]