Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Times Square) Four Points By Sheraton Midtown-Times Square

kalulu
By kalulu,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Your trip is during the Spring which is one of NYC's peak season and the likely reason you're seeing very high rates.

What are the actual dates of your stay? (are they firm or do you have flexibility)

What is your expected budget (per nite before taxes/fees)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is no way to know if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip.  It all depends upon supply/demand... how actual new reservations/cancellations some in relative to expected new cancellations/reservations.  If the hotel gets more new reservations and fewer cancellations then you could see rates rise from here, and vice-versa.

I chose the first 4 dates of your price range and see a 4.5* hotel in the Empire State Building zone for $161/nite; i would consider this to be low for this time of year.  I'm also seeing a 4* hotel in the Times Square zone for about $150/nite... as well as hotels that are on the other end of the spectrum and $300+.

So what are the rates that you're seeing and what is it that you were expecting them to be?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

When will your plans/dates be finalized?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the most part anyplace in midtown that is close to a subway station (ideally close to multiple subway stations and/or multiple subway lines) should work for your needs.  However, there are some hotels within these 'best' areas that i would tend to avoid, as well as other hotels outside of this area that may have a slightly 'lesser' location but that i would jump on for the right price (as they provide an incredible hotel experience and the location is still quite do-able, so the value offered 'at the right price' is worth the trade-off in terms of location).

Ultimately it is going to come down to your budget and which hotels we believe are offered for your specific dates.

I'm very familiar with NYC and we can help you get the best deal possible for your trip that meets your needs... but to do so you will need to know the information asked in our replies to your posts:

23 hours ago, thereuare said:

What is your expected budget (per nite before taxes/fees)

13 hours ago, thereuare said:

So what are the rates that you're seeing and what is it that you were expecting them to be?

So once again, when will your dates be firm and how much is it that you are budgeting per nite, before fees/taxes, for this trip?  The first step it to determine if your budget is realistic for this time of year and then determine the best option(s) within your price range.

• 1 month later...

Hello Thereuare,

I am looking for 03/05/2019-7/05/2019.

Budget is under $250 (including tax) for decent Time square stay.

Do you think it is possible?

I am after hotel with easy access to majority of attractions.

Safety is also our the biggest concern.

Does Hotwire normally drops price when the day is getting close?

When would be the best time to book 2019 May stay?

Thank you

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square for $95.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Four Points Times Square.

$95 is a very unusually low rate for May, which is usually a fairly expensive time in NYC given nicer Spring weather. I think it's going to be unlikely that you're going to find a lower price than that (and I'd be surprised if $95 in NYC for May lasts long.)

Would this option be of interest?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

If you click the link you posted above you'll see the link is no longer valid as HOTWIRE links expire in about 2 hours, if you'd like us to have a look at this property please do your search at BiddingHelper.com and in the EASY VIEW tab click the 'See All Amenities' button next to the listing and post the full amenity set, along with the star rating, zone, and price.

Also, has this trip now turned into a 4 nites stay or is this just a subset of your complete trip?

The Four Points has been reported to the board previously with that amenity set. That would certainly be a great deal for a hotel in Times Square - well under your $250 budget. Rates under $100 in May in Midtown are definitely rare, so it would not surprise me if this deal goes away. If this goes away, the next cheapest 3.5* or higher property in Midtown is $152.

Thanks for keeping us updated with what you decide.

Thanks Aaron and Thereuare.

I am also looking at 05/09 - 05/13 (We may travel on these alternative dates)

There are two options

One is $187 per night with 10710 review 4 stars which looks like is Crowne Plaza.

The other one is $95 3.5 stars.

Do you think 3.5 stars is four points?

I cannot find resort tax mentioned anywhere.

Do you think $95 is the final cost?

Thank you

For 5/9-13 I'm seeing:

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square for $95.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Four Points would be my best guess.

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $187.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Crowne Plaza Times Square.

While there are rare occasions where it isn't shown, in most cases the resort fee (if there is one) is shown on both the detail page after clicking on the listing and during checkout. I see a fee listed on the potential Crowne Plaza listing.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance. 

Resort fees (if any) are additional and paid directly to the hotel.

The Four Points does not charge a resort fee (although they do have a 'unit fee'(??) and an occupancy tax which comes to about $4/nite, but it's unclear whether this is included in HOTWIRE's total or not; although this is negligible and given the incredibly low $95 rate i wouldn't let $4/nite be a factor in your decision making if this is one that you're considering)... on the other hand the Crowne Plaza Times Square does charge a resort fee of about $34/nite which is shown as a line item on the HOTWIRE check-out page and would be payable directly to the hotel.

Let us know what you decide (and for which dates) and how it goes; or how we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board... an excellent deal for this time of year.

As per my comment above, this property does not charge a 'resort' fee, so that is a non-issue in this instance; however, they do charge a 'utility fee' ($2/nite) and some other occupancy tax ($1.50/nite) and it's not clear if either of these are included in the HOTWIRE rate or not (resort fees are always paid directly to the hotel, but not sure if either/both of the above are considered a 'tax' and included in the amount you have paid to hotwire or if either is considered an additional fee and therefore paid directly to the hotel)

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have a great time in NYC!

Thank you.

the date we booked was actually from 03/05 to 07/05.

What was the tax collected by Hotwire?

Is it the same amount of tax that would be collected if I booked via other travel agent website?

Why some hotels will collect resort fee and some don't?

Is the resort fee collected regardless of which website we used to book?

Thank you

Your HOTWIRE purchase consists of the room rate, sales/hotel tax, and their booking fee.  Taxes and resort fees will be the same regardless of how you book, but every agent/website determines their own booking fee.  In regards to this specific situation, the reason i can't say for certain whether the extra $4/nite above is included or not is because i don't know if it's considered to be a tax or a fee... if it's a 'tax' it's usually included in the total and collected by HOTWIRE; if it's a 'fee' then it's usually shown by HOTWIRE as a separate line item but collected by the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]