Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTW) Paramount Hotel

hocomo
By hocomo,
in

I've been trying to find a 4* hotel - in any Manhattan zone - for the above dates, bidding up to $155, but haven't had any luck. I've tried various combinations of adding new zones and increasing my bid. Any suggestions? Is $155 just not realistic for weekends?

I considered it after reading a recent post by someone who did it successfully, bit it seems so risky! I don't want to end up staying in two different hotels.

After seeing that someone paid $200 for the Intercontinental Barclay in May, I'm thinking maybe I just need to be willing to pay more, or else go for a 3*.

If you aren't willing to change hotels than SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is not for you... but i do know, at least as of 2 days ago, you can do much better (and probably save about $100+ on your stay) if you are willing to do so. Changing hotels is not for everyone... some do it to save $10 while others would not to it no matter what the savings. For me, i'd rather spend that $100 on a nice dinner or some other entertainment and would 'deal with' changing hotels once.

If you don't want to split, let us know your new maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for these dates.

EDIT TO ADD: i don't think the split deal is still available

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Saving money by splitting is tempting, but for now I'll pass.

Thanks for offering to help with a bidding strategy. Since I haven't had any luck with a 4*, I'm ready to go for a 3*, and I'd like it to be in any of the Midtown zones. I'll go up to $120 to start.

There is only one re-bid zone at the 3* level.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW and MTE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your advice. Following your guidance, I got the Paramount Hotel near Times Square for $120/night. The tripadvisor reviews are a bit mixed - although one thing all reviewers seem to agree on is that the rooms are tiny - but hopefully it willl suffice. We shouldn't be hanging out in the room too much anyway. Details below. By the way, I went into priceline through savingsbarn.com.

Selected 3* UM-CPS at $95 - rejected

Added UWS for rebid zone at $100 - rejected

Closed browser

Selected 3* MTW at $95 - rejected

Added UWS at $100 - rejected

Closed browser

Selected 3* MTE at $95 - rejected

Added UWS at $100 - rejected

Closed browser

Selected 3* MTW and UMCPS at $105 - rejected

Added UWS at $110 - rejected

Closed browser

Selected 3* MTE and UMCPS at $110 - rejected

Added UWS at $115 - rejected

Closed browser

Selected 3* MTE, MTW and UMCPS at $120 and had bid accepted.

Congratulations on your win!

This hotel should be just fine... you know ahead of time about the small rooms, but the location is great.

Thank you for posting and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Have a great time in NYC... if you need any help/advice on the area feel free to ask as i'm local to the area (here is my suggestion on NYC FROM A LOCAL and others have posted their own on in NYC TIPS)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]