Priceline Hotel: Help searching for a Toronto Hotel

ahammad
By ahammad,
in

Hello

Looking for a 1 night stay in Toronto for August 31st to September 1st. I don't have a lot of time in the city so I prefer to be central. I am looking at the following areas:

• Downtown Toronto North - Yorkville
  • Downtown Toronto Southeast - Union Station and St. Lawrence Market
  • Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainment and Financial Districts

Looking for something clean with decent ratings. I don't particularly care too much about amenities like a pool and whatnot. Breakfast included is a bonus, but not required. I will be driving in so I am not worried about public transportation accessibility.

Any tips on what I should look for or which area I should look for specifically?

Here are some preliminary Priceline results:

Option 1

3* - Downtown Toronto Southeast - Union Station & St Lawrence Market Area

• Free Internet
  • Free Breakfast
  • Pets Allowed
  • Restaurant
  • 9+ guest rating

$124 USD ($163 CAD) plus taxes and fees

For the record, I found a similar listing on Hotwire for the same area, same amenities, for $130 USD ($171 CAD)

Option 2

4* - Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainment & Financial Districts Area

• Free Internet
  • Indoor or Outdoor Pool
  • Non Smoking Areas
  • Fitness Center
  • 8+ guest rating

$164 USD

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Best guess/comments for each of the above:

3* HOTWIRE Downtown Toronto East for $128.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> from the Toronto Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for The Saint James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member and would be my best guess for this one.  This property is just off of Yonge St which is one of the main retail streets of Toronto.

4* Downtown Toronto North - Yorkville (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $164/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> Kimpton Saint George Hotel which is a new property that has recently been renovated from a Holiday Inn.  The location is directly on Bloor which is the other main retail street in Toronto

Generally speaking (at least the 'feel' i got when i was in Toronto last year) was that Bloor was a bit more of the 'high end' retail shops whereas Yonge was a bit more day-to-day retail where the locals would run most of their errands.

Other 'attractions' such as the Toronto Needle (CN Tower) and the Hockey Hall of Fame are a bit closer towards the water.

Do either of the above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]