Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston (Cambridge - Harvard) Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, Ma

GymnastScout
By GymnastScout,
in

Listed as 95% Recommended

Amenities (given before official booking)

Complimentary

Free breakfast | Free Internet | Free parking

Business center | Fitness center | Restaurant(s) | Self-service laundry

I was also given 4 hotels and told that the mystery hotel would be 1 of the 4.

Hotels: 

A bed & Breakfast in Cambridge

Porter Square Hotel

Homewood Suites Cambridge

Irving House at Harvard

I was also given a list of attractions and how close the hotel was to them. One was Harvard Square and it expressed that the hotel was 2.1 miles away. I used Google Maps and compared the walking distances of each from Harvard Square and found that Homewood was the closest by a landslide. I did the same with each of the other attractions and it was the same case. 

Reservation information

Booking date August 15, 2018

Check-in Fri, Aug 17 - 03:00pm

Check-out Sun, Aug 19 - 11:00am

Room 1 room (hotel chooses bed type) | 4 adults 

Nights 2 nights 

Amenities

Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Kitchenette

AccessibilityAccessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Price summary

Room

$216.00 ($108.00 per night x 2 nights x 1 room)

Coupon applied$10.00

Taxes & fees$48.02

Trip insurance$10.55

Trip total (USD)$264.57

Trip total per night (USD)$132.29

Additionally, I called the hotel and asked which room they selected for me and they said that Hotwire chose the 1 queen room with 1 full-size sofa bed. I called Hotwire and they then said that the hotel chose this room for me. I'm a bit confused. Who chose the room? I was trying to see if I could have 2 queen beds instead of 1 queen bed (all rooms come with the sofa bed). Wish me luck! Thanks for helping, BetterBidding!!!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success... an excellent deal for these dates and quad occupancy!

Hope you're happy with the outcome and this property will work well for your plans this trip.

For the future, don't try to use the distance to landmarks as a guide in trying to determine the underlying hotel as that information is relative to a centerpoint of the zone, not necessarily the distance to the specific hotel currently being offered.

If you are hoping for a room with 2 Queen beds call the hotel and ask if this is what you can be assigned to.  Note that at this property these rooms cost more than rooms with only 1 Queen bed, so If they say no, or that your room will be assigned at check-in, you can mention that you see the 2 Queen rooms sell for about $20/nite more than the one queen bedded rooms and ask if you can pay the extra $20/nite to upgrade (assuming it's worth the extra $20 per nite to you... or you can just hope that your request will be honored at check-in)

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Boston Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]