Priceline Hotel: Bidding help please NYC Sept.

disney4life
By disney4life,
in

Would love help with bidding or express deals for upcoming trip to NYC! 

Star: 3.5 and up 

City: New York City

Zones: Central Park South, Empire State Building, Chelsea, Hell’s Kitchen, Times Square, Midtown East, Meatpacking, SoHo, Madison Square Garden, Rockefeller, Grand Central, Downtown

Travel dates: September 8-15 

Room rate per night: $150-220 (would prefer no resort fee)

Amenities: free internet

On last trips I had bid and won and liked: The Hudson and Crowne Plaza HY36.

Didn’t really like: Double Tree Downtown (elevators were horribly slow.) 

Mostly looking for something clean and comfortable in one of the areas listed. Not a hostel or shared bathroom. 

Willing to use Hotwire or Priceline (will use your links.) Should I wait until closer to the trip or book now?

Thanks for your help!!

4 hours ago, disney4life said:

On last trips I had bid and won and liked: The Hudson and Crowne Plaza HY36.

Assuming this has been within the last 6 years since joining the board please begin to share all your wins so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to benefit from those who have posted before you.:wink:

Given your 'wants' for this stay do you really want to consider bidding on PRICELINE... i think you would prefer HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS where you can at least take a guess as to the hotel being offered prior to your purchase (as well as know amenities such as Free Interent and/or if there is a resort fee).  However, more and more hotels in NYC are starting to charge resort fees so i would suggest you rather focus on a 'good' deal all-in rather than whether the hotel charges a resort fee or not (same goes for internet).  For example, a $150 hotel that charges $15 for internet and $20 for a resort fee ($185 total) is still cheaper than a $200 hotel that offers 'free' internet and no resort fee.

With the above noted there is not that much within your budget, nothing exciting thru HOTWIRE (imo) but i see the following on PRICELINE EXPRESS:

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $197/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> from the Priceline Hotel List for New York City this matches previous reports for The Gallivant Times Square which would be my best guess for this one (NOTE: there is a $28 resort fee at this property)

3.5* Central Park South (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $208/nite with:
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Business Center
Restaurant
==> the The Shoreham Hotel is my best guess here

4* Times Square - Theatre District (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $217/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
==> best guess here would be the Night Hotel Theater District

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $219/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
==> City Club Hotel is my guess for this one

4* Chelsea Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $223/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
==> Doubletree New York City - Chelsea is my guess for this one (although i am seeing some inconsistencies for this one, so if this one is of interest let us know and we will investigate further or let you know the 'doubts' i have for this one)

Any of the above work for your plans this trip?  If not, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (as it looks like the 2nd part of your trip has less availability and higher prices than the earlier part of your trip)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take any of those above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for the help! Honestly the options aren’t super appealing to me right now. I wonder if I wait until closer to my trip if the deals on Priceline/Hotwire with get better (or alternatively if the prices will go up?) 

About not posting my bids before, this is my first time using this site for bidding for hotels. The other bids that I won I went it alone. My account has been in existence for 6 years because back then I posted a question about bidding for flights. I’m happy to post my bids in the future. 

26 minutes ago, disney4life said:

The other bids that I won I went it alone.

You can still share :wink: (and support the board using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links so that we can be here for when you do need help)

27 minutes ago, disney4life said:

I wonder if I wait until closer to my trip if the deals on Priceline/Hotwire with get better (or alternatively if the prices will go up?) 

Nobody can say if rates will come down or move even higher between now and your arrival, but i will add that you are traveling at what is considered to be the start of peak season in NYC.

If you do choose to wait you can use our RateDrop service to monitor rates and let you know if anything drops to within your price range.

Let us know if / when you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]