Hotwire Hotel: Priceline "Double Occupancy Only" ... meaning?

lhousesoccer
By lhousesoccer,
in

I've used BB to figure out hotels I'm looking at on Hotwire before, but have never used Priceline or the BB Helper.  I'm not liking the prices I'm seeing for Downtown Toronto, and thought I'd try the BB Helper Priceline.  But even though I put in 2 ADULTS and 1 CHILD in the box at the top, Pricelne is telling me that rooms found at my bid will be only for 2 people? 

Can I not use BB Helper Priceline for a family of 3?

At BiddingHelper.com if you change the number of guests you will see a message on the page:

NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY

All PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy.  You may be able to use PRICELINE EXPRESS if you can find a hotel that offers a 'Bed Choice' and one of the choices shown has two beds in the room and/or is designed to accommodate triple occupancy.  Technically you're reservation is still only for double occupancy, but i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue checking-in with 3/4 guests when the room was designed to accommodate that many. (you can further mitigate the risk by only have one/two people go to the check-in desk while the other(s) go wonder around the lobby or begin to explore the hotel.

What are the dates you're looking for?  Which zone(s) are acceptable?  How much is it that you are expecting to pay? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the quick response! My main concern is having a room with only 1 bed.  We'd prefer 2 Queens, or 1 Queen and 1 Dbl.  But if the "double occupancy" means only 1 bed, then that wouldn't work well for us.

We are looking (1st choice) Downtown Toronto West or (2nd choice) Downtown Toronto East.  I was hoping to be under $150/night all-in, which may be a bit ambitious for a 3.5 to 4 star hotel.  We did  get the Hyatt Regency on King St. in 2014 for that price range through Hotwire, but I wasn't seeing anything listed this time around.

When searching for 2 adults/1 child on HOTWIRE, I'm seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Downtown Toronto East for $180.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
Spa
==>  Best guess would be the Grand Hotel and Suites. Unfortunately, this is over the desired $150 budget, but there is the nice added value of breakfast which is not that common at 4 star hotels

Would this option be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]