Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore (Inner Harbor-Downtown) Pier 5 Hotel

Bop
By Bop,
in

Hi all, I am a first timer here (so go easy on me...). Going to Baltimore on April 29 for 1 day with another couple, and was wondering if I can use Priceline to book 2 rooms @ 1 time?

Also, I am looking for something close to the Harbor like a Marriott or Hayat Hilton. Is it possible to get one of these for around $100?

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can certainly bid for two rooms at the same hotel... up to four rooms at a time actually. If you bid multiple rooms on the same bid they will all be at the same hotel (that's usually the next question :) )

Best way to begin is to look at our PRICELINE HOTEL LIST for this area. I'm assuming you want the Downtown-Innter Harbor zone... look at the 4* hotels that have previously been reported. Are you comfortable receiving any of those hotels (or some other unknown 4* property that has not yet been reported, which is always a possibility).

If you can accept any 4* hotel in that area than you're ready to give bidding a try (assuming also that you're plans are firm... as priceline purchases are non-refundable, non-cancellable, non-changable, etc).

Let us know and if you're ready to start bidding now we'll suggest a bidding strategy for your to follow. Any additional questions you need to help make a decision, feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just took a look at rates for your dates and they are very high. I'm doubtful you'll find success at $100 or less, but if you'd like to try anyway, stranger things have happened.

When bidding 4* in the Inner Harbor you have 11 re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Inner Harbor...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, No go.....I bid all the way to $110 and no dice, not even a nibble (i don't think, lol) I went up in $5 increments starting at $75 (I was running out of zones). I figure I will start new in 3 days, when I can start clean or do you think I should try Hotwire?

Thanks for ALL your help, It was fun

Tony

You can try Hotwire, but a recent search i conducted didn't show any 4* (or higher) properties appearing for your date, re-inforcing that rates are much higher (and availability lower) than typical.

Priceline now lets you bid again after 24 hours (no longer 72) so you don't need to wait that long, but unless there is a shift in pricing, i don't think you'll be successful with the above. Usually $100 should be enough, but demand is very high for this date.

OK, I just got confirmation on The Pier 5 Hotel through Priceline. Started the process @ $75 for a 3 Star, wound up paying $95 each for 2 rooms for a Saturday night April 29 2006. I called the hotel directly for a price quote, on the same exact room for that Saturday night they wanted $299 PER ROOM!!

Thank you very much Thereuare, you do a great job here on your site.

Tony

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]