Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York (La Guardia Airport (LGA)) Laguardia Plaza Hotel

Southlake Dad
By Southlake Dad,
in

Anyone having any luck with NYC for next week??  I have been bidding for 3 days now 4* for NYC up to all in price of $550 total for 2 nights.  I guess I will have to drop to a 3.5*.

Areas I have bid for:

Madison Square Garden

Rockefeller Center-Bryant Park

Midtown East

Grand Central Terminal

Times Square - Theatre Distrcit

Welcome ot Betterbidding.

Which zones are of interest? Unfortunately, I think you're likely looking at at least around $700+ taxes/fees for 3.5*+ (although specifics will depend on zone/star rating). Not sure what's going on during these dates, but rates are on the high side.

For example, I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square for $249.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  The Belvedere would be my best guess.  That listing is the least expensive 3.5+ in Manhattan on HOTWIRE for these dates that I'm seeing.

Let us know your thoughts on the above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

When asking for help with hotels please include the full description of the property as it makes it easier for us to find the same property among the offers.

Is this the one you're referring to:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $282.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> if so, best guess for this one would be the YOTEL New York at Times Square (use the new 'What Hotel Is This' feature in the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It would depend upon how you're arriving to the city:

flying --> which airport

bus/train --> where arriving

driving --> from which direction

... but generally speaking the Jersey City/Hoboken (waterfront area only) would be my first choice, followed by Long Island City (which is still somewhat industrial, although the area is still going thru a big gentrification with new restaurants and cafes opening in the area).  With both locations you do lose a bit of the convenience of staying directly in the city, but they're certainly do-able and worthwhile if the savings are substantial enough.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success.

Nice win for this LGA property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Do you happen to recall the amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]