Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainment and Financial Districts) Hilton Toronto

Lilhodgey
By Lilhodgey,
in

I've been trying to book a 4 star hotel in Toronto for this weekend. I saw a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal on Priceline for$107. I figured I'd try the name your price function first with a lower bid of $85. Was rejected but offered to re-bid so I did at $110. Offer was rejected so I tried the express deal. Again was rejected. About 30 mins later the express deal changed to $108 so I tried again and wa rejected. Later that day the express deal had increased to $226.  I tried a couple more times when the price changed slightly and kept getting rejected. Any thoughts on why and how to get a deal.  This seems like a bait and switch tactic which is illegal.      

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Hotel pricing is dynamic and can change often based upon supply/demand as well as limited inventory.  Keep in mind that PRICELINE wants to sell you a hotel room... they don't benefit at all if the offer shown to you is no longer available.

Please provide the actual dates that you need a room for and we will begin researching your options for this weekend.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm looking for 4 star from 04-06 May Downtown Southwest Toronto - Entertainment & Financial District.  The Express Deal still shows $107 per night.  My assumption is it is the Hilton.  I don't want to try again at this point because every time I do they put a hold on my credit card.  Priceline put 6 holds on my credit card yesterday after rejecting my bids or express deals.

What exactly is the message you received when trying to purchase the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal?

Are any other zones acceptable?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't recall exactly what it said but basically that that deal was no longer available and went on to explain that the inventory fluctuates on a regular basis.  That is the same response I got from the reps I chatted with online a Priceline.  Essentially they said the deal was no longer available and that it takes time for the website to update.  I find that hard to believe when I've made at least 4 attempts at the express deal at different times after the price had changed.

Assuming the offer is indeed gone... how would you know if it does come back if you're not willing to click in an attempt to buy it?

As the next least expensive 4* or better hotel in the Downtown area is priced at $193/nite, what is your gamplan from here?

Just tried again.  Pricing even dropped to $105.  Here's the exact wording.

Your purchase could not be completed

tap to close X

We apologize for this inconvenience. Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. Your payment method has not been charged.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for using priceline.com!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  5 times and the same result each time.

Don't have a gameplan from here.  What else can I do?

Never heard of such a thing and we have users who often bid on PRICELINE, get rejected, and then successfully take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer... which would not be possible if your hypothesis above were correct.  Again, PRICELINE wants to sell you a hotel room, they make no money unless you buy something from them, it would not make sense to deny your PRICELINE EXPRESS purchase based upon a previously failed bid or not taking an offer that was shown to you previously.

We have seen instances where a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer does not 'clear' from the search results once the allotted inventory has been sold... it is usually gone immediately, in some instances it can take up to 24 hours, and in rare instances it can take up to 48 hours.

It doesn't make sense that the price fluctuated throughout the day. Anyways I'll try setting up another account under a different email and try the ED.  If that doesn't work Priceline is dead to me...😤

Has anyone tried to use the express deals to negotiate with the hotel directly?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were ultimately successful and received a very nice deal for this stay.

The other 'transactions' should just be pending and will automatically drop-off in 24-48 hours (which is what you're credit card company is likely going to tell you as well).

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]