Priceline Hotel: Help Identify These Hotels Please

misseskb
By misseskb,
in

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 2.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

2.5* HOTWIRE Secaucus - Meadowlands for $105.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Meadowlands Plaza Hotel and this would be my best guess for this one

I'm very familiar with this area... are you basically looking at staying in NJ in order to save money vs. staying in Manhattan?  Do you need parking?  If you're not driving into the area how are you arriving?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s)

2.5* 105 per night 80% recommend

We are flying into JFK and will not have a rental car. I would like a hotel that has free breakfast to save some money. If staying in Jersey would be too much for the little one with travel, I could increase the budget to stay in the city and forgo breakfast.

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, then click on the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above?

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

2.5* HOTWIRE Secaucus - Meadowlands for $106.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Meadowlands Plaza, which has been seen with this amenity set previously.

Considering the time and cost of traveling into the city, what would be your desired max budget per night to stay in the city?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hello. Traveling to do typical first time tourist things. Two adults and a five year old. Flying into JFK will not have a vehicle. Would like to stay near subways. 

These rates were found on PRICELINE EXPRESS. Will there be additional charges once at the hotel during checkin such as daily resort fees? If I chose to name my own price will there be daily resort fees possibly? Thanks

3* 

$137

Times square theater district

No smoking rooms

Bed Choice

Business Center 

Restaurants

3* 

$165

Midtown West Hells Kitchen

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Bedchoice

Fitness

No smoking

3.5*

$156

Downtown Wallstreet

Free Internet

Business Center

Fitness

Nonsmoking

Bed Choice

Restaurant

4*

Lower Eastside Chinatown

$164

Free Internet 

Pets Allowed

Nonsmoking

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Before getting started on the hotels above, NOTE that all 'opaque' PRICELINE reservations (so bidding, NYOP, and PRICELINE EXPRESS) are only for double occupancy... there is no way to add a 3rd guest to the reservation.  While this may not be an issue in many areas, such as Orlando where hotels are used to accommodating families and most hotels have a high percentage of rooms that can accommodate triple/quad occupancy, this is a very real issue in NYC since rooms are smaller than elsewhere throughout the country, hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, and rooms with two beds often cost more and are considered and upgrade from 'standard'.

You may be able to create a 'work around' if any of the PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels above indicate a Bed Choice and one of those choices is for a room that is designed to accommodate 2adults/1child.  Technically your reservation would still be for only double occupancy, but i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue showing up with triple/quad occupancy when a specific room type was booked that is designed to accommodate that number of guests.

The easiest option would be to use HOTWIRE where you can search for up to quad occupancy and HOTWIRE guarantees that the room will accommodate the number of guests you included in your search, but note that in NYC many of the prices may increase compared to when only searching for double occupancy.

As noted above, i'm very familar with this area, if you let us know what your maximum budget it (per nite before taxes/fees) i will have a look and suggest what i see to be the best options.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing some great deals just beyond your budget, so trying to play around with a few things...

What time does your plane arrive on the 17th and what time does it depart on the 21st? (the idea being that if you arrive late or depart very early you can spend the first/last nite at a less expensive hotel near the airport and free up a little of the budget to get something really nice for the remaining nites.

Some examples / options:

NobleDen Hotel $207/nite for 2 double beds

EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown East $211/nite for 2 double beds

EVEN Hotel Times Square South for $222/nite for 2 double beds

Park South Hotel $190/nite for triple occupancy (admittedly i don't know too much about this property, but good TA reviews with this being about the 50th highest rated hotel in NYC)

Omni Berkshire Place $205/nite for triple occupancy

Crowne Plaza Midtown Manhattan $210/nite for triple occupancy (5.0/5.0 TA rating and one of the top reviewed hotels in NYC)

Any of the above of interest at these prices?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]