Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast) The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago

LondonBlue
By LondonBlue,
in

I am looking for a 5 star hotel for Chicago Magnificent Mile/Water Tower for 4/27-4/30.  I am getting a 5 star Hot Rate of $211 and it says it will be 1 of 4:  Park Hyatt, Waldorf Astoria, Four Seasons or Langham.  I have checked this a few times recent and it always says "last hotel booked was Park Hyatt.  I called Waldorf Astoria Chicago to inquire on using a free night certificate and was told that they have no standard rooms left for that weekend.  Is it highly likely that this hotel is Park Hyatt?

Please confirm the full list of amenities associated with the listing. You can find this by going to BiddingHelper.com, searching for your dates, clicking the "Hotwire Easy View" tab then the "Full Amenities" button.

Is the Park Hyatt the only hotel of interest? I'm very familiar with Chicago and would be happy to help if you let us know more about what (area, desired budget, etc) you are looking for.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

5 star hotel for Chicago Magnificent Mile/Water Tower for 4/27-4/30

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

I'm not specifically looking for Park Hyatt. I want any 5 star Michigan Avenue area hotel except Trump.  I was hoping to keep it $200/night.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE

5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for $208.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==>  Best guess would be the Park Hyatt, which has been seen previously with this amenity set.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for your help. I'm still looking. I may even go to 4.5 star Mag Mile/Water Tower just to save some more.  In the past, whenever I've done it, I usually get Sofitel which I got on Priceline last year for $85 about a year ago. Just wondering if you know of any convention going on April 27-29 weekend. 

This is a very large convention: 

2018 AMERICA'S BEAUTY SHOW

McCormick Place North

4/28/2018

4/30/2018

For 4/27-30 on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Downtown - River North for $126
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Sofitel. You can also use the 5% promotion in my signature

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page):

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $160
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
>>>Best guess would be the Virgin or Monaco; either would be a good result.

4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $115
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center
>>>A guess here would be the Swissotel. The Virgin or Monaco (which are both a very short distance away from the Swiss) would be nicer options, but for $115 this would be a fine option if you're just looking for a place to sleep and won't be in the hotel that much.

Thanks for keeping us updated on what you decide.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and are looking forward to your trip.

For the future do note that the star rating you choose when bidding on PRICELINE is the minimum you are willing to accept... so by bidding 4.5* in the Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast zone you did potentially risk getting upgraded to the 5* Trump (which you indicated you were trying to avoid).

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]