Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (South of Market - Moscone Center) Hotel Zelos San Francisco

casperslc
By casperslc,
in

Hi!

I am looking for help with a San Francisco  hotel for 4/27 to 4/30.  I am not real picky on the area. I am looking for downtown or Nob hill / Soma places.  All I really need is good public transport and walking distance to some restaurants / bars and stuff.  The stars don't matter a ton to me but of course I would like the best value for the money.  A lot of the express deals look good. For me, any price below 150 would be great.  125 is even greater.  Any thoughts?  Thank you! This forum has been wonderful for me and I recommend it to others. Again, express deals would work. I don't have to necessarily bid to get try and get a better deal.  Thanks!  

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* Nob Hill for $143.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  Best guess would be the Stanford Court

Would this option be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Do any of the following work for your needs:

4* Union Square West (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $138/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Serrano Hotel would be my best guess here

4* South of Market - Moscone Center (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $141/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Hotel Zelos San Francisco (small chance of the Axiom Hotel but i believe the Hotel Zelos is the more likely of the two)

3.5* Union Square West (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $148/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Handlery Union Square Hotel

3.5* Union Square East - Nob Hill (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $155/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
==> Mystic Hotel

4* Union Square East - Nob Hill (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $167/nite with:
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Orchard Garden Hotel (just slightly over your budget but gets very good reviews)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please follow-up your previous threads with whatever you eventually decided to do for each of these stays:

Boston Priceline

Boston Airport Priceline hotel

7 hours ago, casperslc said:

I cant match the 3.5 Union Square West or 3.5 Union Square east or 4 Union Square east nob hill.

Click the links provided above... although only 1 of the 3 is still available, the other two give a message at the top of the page:

"You just missed it. That room sold out."

7 hours ago, casperslc said:

the first two recommendations have resort fees I am against them.

I have yet to meet anyone that favors resort fees, but better to buy a hotel for $125 + $25 resort fee vs. a hotel for $175 + $0 resort fee... take an objective approach and buy the hotel that gives you the best price on an all-in basis.

Do any of the hotels above that are still available work for your needs?

PS- at the top right of this page you'll see a 'FOLLOW' button that will subscribe you to this thread and you'll receive an email when any replies are posted... you'll then be less likely to miss out on any deals that we find.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It can always be something other than what we guess, but i feel pretty good about my guess above.

As well, priceline does not list a resort fee when booking this hotel thru the retail version of their site.

Congrats on your success.

Very nice win for this San Fran property! Glad you are pleased with the win and are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Hotel List with this new PRICELINE EXPRESS listing

Please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline contact me saying that Hotel Zelos is booked and that they must move my hotel to the Sir Francis Drake Hotel Union Square.  The Sir Drake gets mixed reviews and a lot of the customers have some serious complaints. And it is rumored as haunted... as stupid as it sounds it doesn't make me want to jump at the chance to stay there.  Any advice?

Sorry to hear that you're now being told that the hotel is full and not able to accommodate you.  This is the approach that i would take:

The Hotel Zelos San Francisco has a user review rating of 8.5/10 where the hotel they want to move you to, the Kimpton Francis Drake, has a user review rating of 7.7/10, and you're not willing to take such a downgrade in quality.

So now you have to make a decision as to what you're willing to accept:

1) find a replacement hotel from 'regular' PRICELINE rates (search using our MAPS and HOTELS.com site to find something in the same area and price... but make sure it is within reason, you're not going to be able to upgrade to a $400+/nite room at a 5 star hotel, but find something 'reasonable' that you would find acceptable) and see if PRICELINE will re-book you at this new hotel of your choice

2) search HOTWIRE to see if anything there is acceptable.  If so, ask PRICELINE to cancel the existing reservation and then re-book thru HOTWIRE

3) you can decide to keep the existing reservation (especially if you can't find anything else that is acceptable and near the same price point) but ask PRICELINE for a partial refund or partial credit to use on a future purchase

Let us know how you make out and what you are able to agree upon.  If you need help with replacement PRICELINE / HOTWIRE hotels please start a NEW TOPIC.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

With your advice....  I told Priceline that a hotel at 7.7/10 is not acceptable.  They said they would talk to their travel partners and call me back.  They did not call me back. In fact, they sent me a confirmation e-mail for the original property.  I called them and was told my request for the same review rating would not be honored.  They offered a full refund plus 20%.  I was able to use the 20% as a credit or cash back.  I choose cash back and used HOTWIRE for my stay in San Francisco.  It worked out very nicely.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]