Priceline Hotel: Bid rejected, New Orleans 3* $48 & 2.5* $51

Mario
By Mario,
in

Hello,

I am actually, seeking for tips on biding for a 1-night stay in N.O. on 3/11/2006.

Thanks,

Mario

And, although we would like a central location in the city, we will have a car so we are flexible to get a location a bit off-the-center if it will cost significantly less.

I am not very familiar with N.O. price ranges, but I will feel comfortable paying $65-75 for 2* and $70-100 for 2.5* if well located in N.O. Or much less if located in the city outskirts.

Please let me know if we are in good shape, also, what will a good bid for a 1* hotel, in case my ranges are way below.

Thanks,

Mario

Your win (and pricing) in Austin should have absolutely nothing to do with your bidding for New Orelans. As an example, i just paid $35 recently for an airport hotel in Charlotte... should i use that as the basis for my 3* stay in NYC for which i would easily be turned down for 3x that amount.

To avoid confusion, please post using priceline's zones. As i am very good at knowing what types of hotels are in each zone and how much they often need to be bid, i don't know what zones are defined by the "city outskirts", and that also may mean different things to different people.

Lastly, what about 3* bidding? Previously you bid 3* and 2.5*, but above you only gave a range for 2.5* and 2* properties... are you no longer interested in 3* accomodations?

Please clarify the above and we will try to help with a suggested strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are actually 3 students (on low budget) doing this weekend trip and ideally we will like to stay in any of the following zones as they seem to be the more centric ones (we have not been in N.O. before so this desicion is purely base on the N.O. map:)

Central Business District

Convention Center

French Quarter

Garden District

However, if zones such as Metairie - Harahan or New Orleans Airport (MSY) have hotels at a much lower price, we would not mind to stay there (driving to downtown during the day and driving back to the hotel at night.)

For the number of stars, we would actually stay in any 1*, 2*, 3*, etc., we just want to be able to get a number of stars that maximizes the percentage discount (off the regular room price) and that is not too expensive. Say, 3 persons X $20-$35 will means a room for $60 to $105 (including tax and fees.)

Also, how will our odd of winning the bid will change if we decide to stay either Satrurday night only or Saturday and Sunday nights.

I will appreciate your advice.

For starters, you need to realize that Priceline only guarantees double occupancy; after that it is at the discretion of the hotel. Are you comfortable bidding on one room for three people when only double occupancy is guaranteed.

Hotwire will allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, but it will likely cost you a little bit more than Priceline.

Next, i would do a bit more research about New Orleans and where you ideally want to stay. The Airport is a pretty good distance from the French Quarter, and although drivable, you then have to think about parking costs once your "downtown". The added expense and inconvenience may not be worth the savings... or maybe it will be, as you only say "a much lower price" and that means different things to different people. How much would you need to save for the inconvenience to be worth it?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]