Hotwire Hotel: Resort vs Hotel

Kdnh7
By Kdnh7,
in

Hello, 

Can you explain the difference between the Hotel vs Resort in Hotwires Hot Rates? 

I was looking at April 27-29. Disney Springs or Bonnet Creek area. 

When I cross referenced with B.B. site on the hotels there is nothing that states hotel over resort. Just wasn’t sure which is better? 

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have for me!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's meaningless... at one point it was a way for HOTWIRE to show more hotels on a given search (they used to only show one hotel per star rating in a zone, but then they started to show one 'Resort' property and one 'Hotel' property of the same star rating in a zone... but they don't really restrict themselves anymore); bottomline is i wouldn't give this any weight (more important are the reviews, percent satisfaction, etc).

If there is a HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE EXPRESS) hotel of interest feel free to post the full details of the property and we will try to research it and offer our best guess.

Is there something in particular that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget? (per nite before taxes/fees)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the info! 

I’m looking for somewhere near ESPN WW Sports venue. I don’t anticipate spending much time at the hotel but wanting I’m guessing a 3.5-4 star. Of course looking for the best bang for my buck. 

I used Hotwire once awhile back (same area) for what I thought was smokin deal (lower stars if I recall) and they gave me a scary motel like hotel. I called them right away and argued the hotel given and surprisingly they refunded me back as it was not even close to what was described. 

I’m traveling solo and just want a safe hotel in decent area. Extra amenities and resort type things are irrelevant to me. 

I’m thinking I may be better off just choosing a hotel instead of booking it blind. Hmmmm....

I see on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

3.5* Disney Maingate West for $109
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Best guess would be the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Orlando at Flamingo Crossings/Western Entrance, although this gets a bit further away from ESPN at about 6 miles.

3* Disney Maingate West for $47
Free Parking
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>A guess would be the Red Lion Orlando Kissimmee Maingate which would be a few miles from ESPN.

3.5* Disney Maingate West for $72
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Condo
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Westgate Towers, which is about 4 miles from ESPN.

Would any of these possibilities be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]