Priceline Hotel: Help find hotel NY

Romyr
By Romyr,
in

Hi,

It is my first time using Priceline and I could use your help. I found a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 1-star Hotel in the Upper West Side Area in New York. I'm going there from the 22 May - 25 May (so three nights). It is listed for $65 a night and the amenity is no smoking. Do you know which hotel this is?

We have a budget of 100 dollars a night (including tax). We want it near the Theatre District but don't mind taking the subway for around 10 minutes. 

So I am thinking whether the best thing to do is taking this deal or bid (but I have no experience with this). 

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

1* Upper West Side (<-- CLICK THIS LINK and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $65/nite with:

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> Morningside Inn is my best guess for this one

We typically advise against such a low star rated hotel, especially in NYC (and a few other large cities), as they can be a 'little rough around the edges' and i would expect very little.  The issue though is that i don't think you're not going to find anything else near the $100 price point (especially if looking at an all-in basis) so you'll have to make a decision if you're able to stretch your budget OR if you'll mange to deal with whatever issues you may find at the hotel.

Sometimes a cheap hotel is an incredible deal... other times it can be cheap for a reason.  Unfortunately a 1* hotel in NYC is more often than not going to fall into the latter category.

If you are comfortable with the hotel above i would sooner take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer since, although no guarantees our guess is correct, at least you have a guess as to what it is that you may likely receive and would be OK with it... whereas bidding on PRICELINE you would not have any insight as to which property it may be and at the 1 star level i wouldn't want to take my chances as to what i might receive (whereas a 3.5* or even 4+ star rated hotel i know there would at least be some level of service and standards)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts, or how it goes should you decide to go with the offer above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]