Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Vancouver Int'l Airport (YVR) - Richmond) The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport

Disneycruisegal
By Disneycruisegal,
in

New to priceline so I am not sure what to expect. I can get a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal on a 4* hotel in the Vancouver Airport area for 1 night (May 28th, check out 29th). Which hotel is it most likely to be? 4*, pets allowed, pool, shuttle, gym/spa, no smoking, business center and restaurant. The express price is $136. Last night it was $129 but changed today. Other than figuring out which hotel it is, am I better to book express deal or name your own price? What would be a good name your own price? 

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct date of travel is showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Vancouver Int'l Airport (YVR) - Richmond for $138
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Westin Wall Centre

PL bidding is generally slightly-to-mildly cheaper than PRICELINE EXPRESS, but you have to be willing to accept any hotel at the star rating in the zone (and what is showing on PRICELINE EXPRESS isn't necessarily what you will get when bidding on name your own price. With PRICELINE EXPRESS, the information given can allow you to make an educated guess,  plus there's currently the 5% off promotion in my signature. Let us know which route you would prefer taking.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

3 hours ago, Disneycruisegal said:

When I look at the map for that area

What map is it that you're looking at?

For the most recent PRICELINE EXPRESS offer you've inquired about i'm not seeing any 4* hotel in the Downtown - Coal Harbor, Stanley Park, Convention Center priced at $149/nite... are you still seeing this one your own search?

What is it exactly that you're looking for this trip, as staying in the Airport YVR-Richmond zone (of your first request) is going to be a very different stay and experience vs. staying in the Downtown - Coal Harbor, Stanley Park, Convention Center zone.

What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just searched priceline for 4* hotels near the Vancouver airport and it showed a map of the area and 4 hotels on it. The express deal was $136 for 1 night (May 28th). Before I book something nonrefundable I want to make sure it will be one of the 4 hotels shown on the map. The other search was for a couple days before our cruise for a hotel close to the port. But I am more interested in the hotel near the airport. 

46 minutes ago, Disneycruisegal said:

The other search was for a couple days before our cruise for a hotel close to the port.

I see in our logs that the two threads were merged by mistake, you correctly made two different threads since they were for different stays.  We will continue this thread for hte Airport leg of your trip... please start a NEW TOPIC for Downtown once you're ready to move forward with the other dates..

You're never going to be able to be 100% certain that hotels you see at a given star rating is the complete set of hotels available in that area... the 'retail' and 'opaque' side of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels, and there is also always a chance that you win a hotel that thru the bidding/express side of their service which is otherwise sold-out thru the 'retail' side of their service, not to mention that some hotels participate on one side of their service but not the other, new hotels can be added/removed, and other hotels can be upgraded/downgraded at any time.

With the above noted for this PRICELINE EXPRESS property:

4* Vancouver Int'l Airport (YVR) - Richmond (<-- CLICK THIS LINK and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $130/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> i agree that The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport would be the best guess for this one (and although no guarantees, feel confident in this guess)

My first 'opaque' hotel purchase was for a one nite stay before a cruise and although at the time i was a bit nervous as you seem to be now, my thoughts were:

1) it's a one nite stay and i can deal with just about anything for one nite

2) worst case scenario i stay out late, use my hotel savings to buy a bottle of wine at dinner or do something else fun in the area to make the trip memorable, and leave the hotel early the following day

3) with 4* hotels in this zone starting about about $250+ for your nite above... how much do you really have to lose give the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above would be more than $100 less?

LONG STORY SHORT: my stay ended up just fine (and i got hooked on the deals offered thru the opaque providers)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your first opaque purchase is behind you and that you're pleased with the outcome and received the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Not sure your rate for the pre-cruise stay dates (btw, we also own the website Pre Cruise Hotels) at the Auberge as one of the nites is sold-out, but the first nite is $275USD so i'm assuming somewhere around that price?  If so, i'm seeing what looks to be the Hyatt Regency for $205/nite which gets better reviews than the Auberge as well as what i think is the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel for just $145/nite! (if not the Marriott then The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver or The Fairmont Waterfront if you could live with either of these for nearly half price of what you're paying directly; but you know your husband better than we do and what would get him interested)... if you do want to pursue this option please start another thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have a great cruise!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]