Priceline Hotel: 4* hotel in Chicago Loop - Grant Park Area

Marcos Palha
By Marcos Palha,
in

Please help identify 4* hotel in Chicago Loop - Grant Park Area.

Check-in: 06/02;

Check-out: 06/06;

Price: $331 / nights;

Amenities: Pets Allowed, Restaurant and No Smoking Facilities;

Please also help me with a strategy as the prices are way above my budget, I have a friend that stayed in Chicago Downtown (La Quinta Inn) and paid around $110 in May 2016.

Location is not the most important factor, I can take a 30 minutes commute to downtime as long as I'm walk distance to integrated public transport.

Also, it could be a 2* to 3* from something like Best Western.

Last but not least, should I wait more? Do you think the prices are going down closer to the date, etc.?

Thank in advance for your kindness.

Marcos

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm guessing by the look of the rates that there's a convention or some other similar event going on during this period. 

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? Are you flying or driving in?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Which airport are you flying into? Unfortunately given rates you're likely going to have to stay near the airport. That puts you around 45-55 min out if you're staying by O'Hare; unfortunately, there's nothing much 20-30 minutes out from downtown. Once you leave the downtown area, it's a ways out before you start seeing hotels again. 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'll note that I'm seeing this on PRICELINE EXPRESS, but not for all four days:

For 6/3-6 on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

3* Lincoln Park for $158
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>Best guess would be the Hotel Versey, which is a newly remodeled property in Lincoln Park, which is a very nice neighborhood a short distance outside the city. While not downtown, a much better option than the airport for at least 3 of the days.

I'm also seeing:

4* Lincoln Park for $176
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Best guess would be the Hotel Lincoln, which is still in Lincoln Park, but towards the South border and somewhat closer to the city.

For 6/2-6, Lincoln Park prices start to pass $200:

4* Lincoln Park for $210
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Guess would be the Hotel Lincoln 

3* Lincoln Park for $232
>>>Guess would be the Willows

What appears to be the Versey is $275 when searching for all 4 nights together; the Saturday night seems to be the most problematic of this set of dates although this period is expensive across the board unfortunately.

So if you could stay the first night by the airport, then perhaps the remaining nights in Lincoln Park?

Let us know your thoughts and if you have any questions before booking. I'd also be happy to answer any city questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]