Priceline Hotel: 3* New York (Downtown - Wall Street) The Wall Street Inn

Parners
By Parners,
in

Hi, 

This is a two pronged question, particular whether anyone could help identifying priceline express details listed below and secondly whether there might be a better chance a. waiting until a nearer date or b. NYOP instead. We'd like to keep as close to $140 a night if possible, but not much choice currently in that price bracket. 

Could you please help me identify the following priceline express deal please?

It's currently listed on Priceline Express as:

=

2nd-8th June 2018

4*

Rockefeller Center- Bryant Park

Amenities: Bed Choice, Non-Smoking Restaurant

£113 per night (or $156)

Guest rating: 6+

Bed Choices are:

Room Assigned at check in- sleeps 2- 1 bed requested (£113/$156)

Room assigned at check in- sleeps 2- 2 beds requested (£220/ $304)

There doesn't appear to be an additional resort fee. 

On the front page it shows as "Save 50%", on the next page it shows as "save 24%".

It's over our budget and isn't our preferred area,  but we could push to it if we had to/thought it was a decent deal.

My guess would be the Dylan??

Is this likely the best I'll be able to do?

I've seen a deal on hotwire for, I think, the EVEN hotel in Brooklyn for within budget, so if so we'll need to decide between the two.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm very familiar with NYC and would be happy to help...

First, there is no way to know if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip; but i will add that your dates are near the tail of end of high-season in NYC.  As your stay is still a few months away i wouldn't compromise too much at this point in time in taking something that doesn't match most of your needs, however, if something does come close where it matches most of your needs i would not hesitate to jump on it.  (however, i will also add that if you find something that seems great in eery aspect but is priced a bit over your budget, i would be inclined to move forward, as your budget may not be that realistic based upon current rates)

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS property:

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $157/nite with:
Restaurant
==> i'm not certain, it's hard to have confidence in any guess with just one amenity showing (and when that one amenity is prevalent at almost all hotels of this star rating).  The Dylan would certainly be among the possibilities, but there are likely many others as well that could not be ruled out.

Assuming this is your first time in NYC my advice would be to stay in Manhattan and NOT Brooklyn as staying outside of the city you will lose a lot of the convenience at the 'buzz' that makes NYC unique and is a special place to so many.  During your stay if you want to visit Brooklyn Heights, Williamsburg, etc. by all means do so, but ideally you want to stay in Manhattan, imo.

Lastly, bidding on PRICELINE can often be a little cheaper than PRICELINE EXPRESS (and HOTWIRE) but you then need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose... it can often be worth a few extra dollars to have some insight as to the property (and therefore the reviews, amenities, location, etc).  With the board's Priceline Coupon it the price differential also become even less.

While your waiting / watching prices, you can use our newly launched RateDrop.com service... we will monitor both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS rates for your dates for whatever star rating and zones you'd like... should any hotels drop to your price point we will automatically send you an email notifying you that a rate has dropped in price.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thoughts/questions regarding the above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare, 

Thanks for replying so quickly. 

This will be our 6/7th trip to NYC and we're familiar with  Brooklyn, so wouldn't be too worried about staying there if it was the only option in our budget. 

We've stayed at the empire 3 times previously through priceline express/nyop deals and that's always been fine for us, but it's really high at the minute. The location is great though for getting around and to central park, which is why we usually end up there. 

Our area preference would be the village/east village/soho type area, but we've never yet been able to afford anything there. We'd follow that with UWS, then probably FiDi....and near enough everywhere else in front of times square haha. Although, if it was the only thing in budget we'd go for times square if we had to. 

I should mention our dates are still slightly movable, but moving them doesn't seem to make any difference price wise (we could push it by a week either way basically)

Do you have to travel Sat --> Friday (ie- could you travel Friday --> Thursday or any other 6 nite combination) and/or is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

You will probably start to see better pricing as we enter the last weekend of June.

For example for 6/22-6/28 i'm seeing:

3.5* Central Park South (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $161/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be The Shoreham Hotel

4* Times Square - Theatre District (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $167/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Distrikt Hotel New York City Times Square is my guess here and although there is a resort fee it gets GREAT reviews

I don't want to research too much for dates that may not even be possible, and better to know if SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is an option, so let us know your thoughts in this regard and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

No problem with splitting, we’ve done it before and didn’t find it too onerous.

we don’t need to travel sat>fri, it’s just our preference to make the most out of our annual leave to make sure we’ve got a few days to get over jet lag before going back to work.

it could do with being the first two weeks of June, because the flights get less frequent/more expensive after that.

We'll now be travelling from Fri 1st of June for 6 nights due to changes in the prices of flights. 

I've found a cancellable deal in Brooklyn, so might book that and keep an eye on prices on PL and HW to see whether we can get something in Manhattan for cheaper, last minute.

You can use our new RateDrop tool in order to monitor hotel prices for any star rating / zone combination(s) you want so that you can be alerted of a deal as soon as one becomes available.

Our other site RefundableRates.com may also be useful to see if your current back-up reservation is the best refundable deal that you're able to achieve.

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

I’ve been having the odd go at bidding on 4* in the UWS aiming to get the Empire, which we’ve stayed at lots previously through PL for around £100 per night..... although usually in colder weather!

As we had no luck, we split our stay went for the following PRICELINE EXPRESS deals:

1st-4th June 

3* downtown- Wall Street 

8+

Business centre, fitness centre, no smoking

Room choice- king bed smoking or non-smoking superior room, corner room smirking or non-smoking.

$140 (corner room $144)

Used the B.B. 5% off on this one. I wouldn’t usually consider 3* on express, but was 98% sure it was the Wall Street inn and have stayed there before.

4th-7th of June

4* greenpoint Williamsburg 

8+

pool, fitness centre, no smoking

$215

no room choice

= McCarran Hotel and Pool

Used a 10% off code that PL emailed me for their 20th anniversary on this one.

Have never stayed here and above our planned budget but as it’s only for half of the holiday it’s less on a problem! Happy with the area and hotel.

Bit more expensive than we’d have liked but I don’t think we’ve ended up with a bad deal, it’s just more expensive when it’s not freezing cold!! 

Thanks for your help!

Congrats on your successful deals! Glad you are pleased with the wins and are looking forward to your time in NYC.

We'll use this thread for the Wall Street Inn stay and have edited your topic title accordingly. If you could post a new thread for the McCarran stay, it would be greatly appreciated as others will then find the win when searching the topic titles on the board, as well as having a link to the win in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

Thank you using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Priceline Hotel List with the change in amenity set for this PRICELINE EXPRESS listing.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]