Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

coladad
By coladad,
in

My two teenage sons (13 and 15) will be in NYC from July 3 - July 8.  I am looking for some suggestions for areas/properties to stay.  We don't need more than 3.5 * quality and the location is not tremendously important.  We will be going to see the Mets and the Yanks.   There will be three of us, and I understand that Priceline is not as flexible with bed options in NYC as we have found most other places to be, so I would I think rely more on Hotwire looking for space for three than chance getting a place with only one bed and it not be changeable.  I would love to stay in the $150 range per night, but don't know if that is reasonable.  I guess I am looking for some help regarding where the better values can be had.  

Thanks

Thankfully there's a couple options around budget for these dates, even when searching for 3 (1A, 2C). I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* Midtown West for $138.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==>  Best guess would be the Sheraton Times Square, which has been seen with this amenity set previously.

4.5* Midtown East for $149.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  This would be a possible match for the Westin Grand Central. There is a resort fee that would take this above the $150 mark, but still a very nice deal.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Just to add to the above...

While the Sheraton is very centrally located just outside of Times Square, the Westin Grand Central would be very convenient to both Yankee Stadium (4 train departing from Penn Station) and CitiField (7 Train also departing from Penn Station)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That is great help.  Thanks.  Although, I am not sure what you mean "for 3 (1A, 2C)" when searching on Hotwire.  I think I see the possible Sheraton, but not the other. 

How much, do you know, are the resort fees, typically?

I see

4-star Hotel in Midtown East area $135

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business center

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Spa services

48 minutes ago, coladad said:

for 3 (1A, 2C)

searching for 3 guests, in this case 1Adult and 2C hildren

49 minutes ago, coladad said:

4-star Hotel in Midtown East area $135

This doesn't match any star rating / zone of the properties suggested above which were:

4* Midtown West

and

4.5* Midtown East

Do you see them now when looking at 4.5* Midtown East and 4* Midtown West

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

9 hours ago, coladad said:

How much, do you know, are the resort fees, typically?

Not all properties have resort fees. If the hotel does charge a resort fee, that is listed in the cost on the checkout page on HOTWIRE before you finalize your purchase.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Midtown East for $134
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Benjamin

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

I booked the Hotwire for $138, two double beds.  It was in fact the Sheraton Times Square.  With fees about $176 per night.  Thanks for your help.  First time on HOTWIRE for me. 

On 3/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, AaronJB said:

4* Midtown West for $138.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==>  Best guess would be the Sheraton Times Square, which has been seen with this amenity set previously.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

If you're looking to save some money on dinner one nite (or after a late nite game) this hotel is right around the corner from the famous NYC Chicken and Rice Food Cart if you're want to try some of the local 'street meat'. You want the cart that is there late nite (7:30pm-4am) on the SW corner of 53rd St and Sixth Ave... a nice dose of white sauce and use the hot sauce very sparingly as it's EXTREMELY HOT. Best $7 dinner you'll find in the city.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]