Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton New York

Sunny-Singh
By Sunny-Singh,
in

I would begin as follows:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130.

Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Then i would just continue to increase your bids in $5 increments as per the above.... but i'll re-iterate as i think i mentioned in your other thread, unless there is a hotel you're trying to avoid, i dont' really understand why users often restrict their bidding to just one hotel in NYC; the area is so compact and mass transit cheap and readily available that the distance from zone to zone is negligible.

As well, in your particular case, you already have a hotel in the MTW zone... see/explore a different area and save some money in the process too. This is just my opinion and ultimately it is your trip so you are the one that has to be happy with the outcome/location.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

(if you haven't bid the MTW section in the last 24 hours add this just to make sure nothing has changed, if you have bid MTW than skip this next cycle of bidding)

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

SSelect 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

If the above fails we'll post an updated strategy for your next round of bidding.

Good Luck.

PS- if the above fails i would also book a back-up reservation, and i'd suggest Beekman Tower at $188/nite for a 1BR suite... it's in a quiet area a little off the beaten path and the reviews are very good

Bump this topic in 22 hours or so when you're able to bid again.

If the Beekman above seems like a possibility i WOULD book it now before it goes to "on request" status... you can always cancel it (up until 3 days before your check-in date) if you something better comes along down the road.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

SSelect 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $195.

I wouldn't... did you reserve the Beekman Tower above? It's a perfectly acceptable hotel for $160/nite and i don't think i'd be bidding much more than that... is there something about this property that you don't like/want?

Once your bidding gets to $200/nite you're looking at nearly $50 more per nite over the above hotel (since the above has no booking fee)... so what is it that discourages you from the above? I'm sure it isn't the reviews as overall they are excellent.

Tried one last round of bidding as saw people get the Hilton around my dates on the board for a lower price then i have been bidding - was going to book the above hotel if i got nothing - however got the Hilton Times Square for $140 per night so very happy! Went through SavingsBarn.com for my bidding

Thanks for all your help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]