Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Daytona (Daytona Speedway - Daytona Beach Intl Airport (dab)) Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach

DrackedaryMaster
By DrackedaryMaster,
in

Hi All,

Was able to finish my lodging last month before going to Alabama for a week a half to join my family. For March, I managed to secure the same hotel (Comfort Suites - Rainbow Springs) during the weekdays (2/26-3/2), (3/4-3/9) and (3/11-16) for the same $71 via PRICELINE EXPRESS and the Priceline Coupon codes from here and the ones they emailed me knocked it down to around $390 total for each 5 night stay, but I didn't report the rest of these after the first one from last month because this is kind of a small town and I'm not sure a lot of folks will be looking to book here if they visit FL for tourist reasons.

The problem I was running into is the weekends. I started looking for (3/2-3/4) a couple weeks ago and things looked grim for Ocala and Gainesville where the prices are a lot higher than they normally are. The room I'm staying in right now in Dunnellon that I got for $71 is priced for $188 tomorrow and Saturday so I decided to leave and come back Sunday. It's kind of like that on this side of FL going all the way south along I-75. However, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Daytona seemed to have some decent pricing but I procrastinated until the end to see if I could snag something decent.I was hoping to use the link above with the 5% coupon to find a sweet express deal, but I also tried some bidding that didn't appear to go anywhere.

Daytona seemed to have some good deals and I found this one on Hotwire tonight, I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the past two weeks. I was searching in the Daytona Speedway area and the Quality Inn kept popping up as the lowest deal, but I kept searching. Hotwire lists the hotel I won as being in the "Daytona Speedway - Zone", but there's actually another Hampton Inn that's closer to the speedway and the hotel I won is actually in Ormond Beach, but the way Hotwire draws its zone, this place is in the upper left tip of the corner. On Priceline, this hotel is in the Ormond Beach zone. Either way, I thought it was a great win given the rack rate was going around $117. But this won't work next week because the area is supposedly being invaded for bike week, so hopefully Gainesville and Ocala calm down for the 3/9-3/11 weekend.

Hampton Inn Daytona / Ormond Beach (Interchange Blvd)

$62 per night $124 total + $28.22 taxes/fees = $152.22

Amenities: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

90% Recommended; 4.5+ on TA with 476 Reviews 

In having a zillion windows open b/w Priceline/Hotwire, I had BB open and clicked the HOTWIRE link when I found this deal; I think it was still open when I made the deal but I had so many windows open trying to verify what this hotel was because the way the zone was drawn up had me a little confused. 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you spotted this deal and you're pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add thsi property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]