Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Times Square - Theatre District) Distrikt Hotel New York City

Lawyeron
By Lawyeron,
in

Hi to all,

i am planning a trip to NYC during September 2018.

allthough it is very early, i have noticed a 4 star hotel on hotwire, in midtown east, for USD 150 per night.

is this considered a good price?

since my trip is still far away (more than 6 months), would you recommend me to wait?

thank you

Yeron.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are the actual dates of your trip?

Using our BiddingHelper.com tool and the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab, what is the full amenity set associated with this property when you click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button next to this listing?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• thereuare locked and unlocked this topic

For this hotel:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $152.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this property would be the Roosevelt, which gets so-so reviews... personally i would wait a bit to see if something better comes along

This is the time of year when rates start to move higher as we enter the Fall which is considered to be high-season for NYC (this is the start of the peak season and rates typically move higher as we get further into the latter months of the year).  If the hotel above was something i was move favorable on i would have no problem jumping at this deal, but i would hope (always the risk that rates only move higher from here) something better will come along between now and your trip.

In the meantime i would:
1) use another site we run, RefundableRates.com, to book a back-up reservation which can be canceled.  This way you know exactly what it is that you're trying to beat and if a good deal comes along you can simply cancel this back-up reservation and take advantage of the deal, but you're also protected from rates only rising from here

2) use our recently launched RateDrop service (it's free!) that will monitor any star rating and zone combination for these dates and let you know anytime the rate drops

What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, currently the MTE HOTWIRE hotel above is the only property in Manhattan that is priced at under $200/nite, so there is a risk that this one disappears and nothing else drops to within your budget.

What is the best option refundable.rate option you're able to find?

i have found a refundable hotel which is quite expensive (USD 230 not including tax). btw, if the hotel would have been iberostar 70, would you recomend it?

from your experience, do prices usualy drop? or alternatively, do any new deals appear from time to time, or rather what you currently see is probably what will be?

in addition, in your previous reply you wrote that "This is the time of year when rates start to move higher as we enter the Fall which is considered to be high-season for NYC"

in the words: "this is the time" did you mean the current time, or my planned visit time?

thanks so much for your help

Yeron.

1 hour ago, Lawyeron said:

This is the time of year when rates start to move higher

I meant your travel dates... as September is the start of high season (and rates continue to go higher as you get into Oct, Nov, mid-Dec)

If that property were the Iberostar i would give if further thought, but in either case i would sooner consider:

4* Times Square - Theatre District (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $184 $175/nite when used with our Priceline Coupon:
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Distrikt Hotel New York City Times Square which is both well located and well reviewed, and would be worth the extra $20/nite, imo (and the difference is actually closer to $15/nite given the Distrikt has a lower resort fee than the Roosevelt)

There is no telling if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, it all depends upon how actual supply/demand (ie- new reservations/cancellations) come in relative to expected demand.  But the guessed Distrikt hotel is one that i would consider committing to now since it's a quality property with good reviews, and even if prices do head slightly lower in the months ahead, the underlying hotels may not be as nice. (EDIT TO ADD: the Distrikt hotel offer is also for a King bedded room, which is an added value, and another point to consider when considering other options which may be 'room assigned at check-in')

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

There is a link in the post above that should take you right to the listing in question. It appears for me when I click the link.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Dear BetterBidding Staff - thank you so much for this score!!! certainly was the distrikt hotel!!

btw, i will be in new york once again on september, from september 28 to october 1, any chance that i may book the distrik hotel once again ? (should i open a seperate post for this?)

YERON

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you scored a great deal at this property and that you're happy with the outcome... we're happy to have helped!:smile:

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm this new amenity set for this property in the Priceline Express Hotel List.

For help with your additional NYC trip please start a NEW TOPIC and we will see what is available for your additional dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]