Hotwire Hotel: Help ID London 4*,5* Mayfair - Soho - Leicester Square 6/20-6/23

Rojiviris
By Rojiviris,
in

Need to book rooms for 3 families of 2 adults and 2 young kids each. Not sure if I should do one room per family and after booking, request cots and maybe rollaway cribs?

Please help ID the following hotels found on HOTWIRE with Biddinghelper.com:

1) 4* $224 (100% recommended)

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired

2)4* $200 Mayfair-Buckingham Palace (90% recommended)

Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

I found some EXPRESS DEALS on PRICELINE, which has less options to choose, but were lower in price.

3) 4.5* - $163 Mayfair- Soho Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Restaurant

No Smoking Rooms/Facilitie

4)4* - $174 Mayfair - Soho Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Business Center

Restaurant

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

I clicked on your links over 10x while doing my research ;)

THANKS in advance!!!!

1 hour ago, Rojiviris said:

Not sure if I should do one room per family and after booking, request cots and maybe rollaway cribs?

I'm not sure what you're asking here... wouldn't you search, and book, for exactly what you need (3rooms/6adults/6children)?  HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone that you include in the search, so what exactly is it that you would want to request from the hotel?

For the two HOTWIRE hotels i'm not seeing these when searching for your dates and 3rooms/6adults/6children... are you including this number of rooms, adults, children in your search?

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offers:

4.5* Mayfair - Soho (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $162/nite with:
Restaurant

4* Mayfair - Soho (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $174/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant

==> it looks like both of these properties do not offer a Bed Choice that has 2 beds in it so i don't think this would be a good option, especially in Europe where rooms are often notoriously small and often only have one bed in them.  If this is what you meant when you mentioned you asked about calling the hotel, what do you do if the hotel indicates that they are not able (or willing) to give you a room that can accommodate a crib or cot (or if they don't have them onhand) OR that for quad occupancy you would need to upgrade to a higher room class (which could cost substantially more than the 'standard' room that you currently have reserved)?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know your thoughts (or questions regarding the information above) and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dates are 6/20-6/23 

Initially, I did the search for the 3 rooms to just indicate 2 adults since the search box said "NOTE: Priceline searches for 
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY". 

Looks like all the ones I found yesterday for HOTWIRE (on post above) are no longer available :( . Not sure if this means that once those deals are gone, they are dead, or if others can show up later on?

The Priceline offers are still showing up and need to help ID.

What "landing page" are you referring to that I need to update the dates on? Should I re-post under the Priceline thread?

PRICELINE- I searched for 3 rooms (2 adults and 2 kids in each)

1)4* Mayfair - Soho Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher) $174

Business Center

Restaurant

Bed choice available

2)4.5* Mayfair - Soho Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher) $162

Restaurant

No Smoking Rooms/Facilitie

41 minutes ago, Rojiviris said:

Looks like all the ones I found yesterday for HOTWIRE (on post above) are no longer available

They probably are still available... but only when searching for double occupancy.  The search results may differ based upon the number of rooms/guests you are including in your search, especially in an area around Europe where many rooms are only designed for double occupancy and needing quad occupancy will often be considered an upgrade from 'standard' (thus the higher prices when searching for quad occupancy per room... and why some results may disappear entirely when searching for quad occupancy instead of double occupancy)

The Priceline offers are still showing up and need to help ID.

The PRICELINE offers are still showing since, as indicated by the search box when you change the drop down menus to indicate more than double occupancy, "NOTE: Priceline searches for DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY".  So even though you may have changed the drop down menus to indicate more than double occupancy per room, this is ignored by priceline and any PRICELINE search results will only be for double occupancy (and thus the lower prices vs. when searching HOTWIRE for quad occupancy).

You may get 'lucky' and find a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer that shows a BED CHOICE option and you would then need to click on the offer to see if one of the bed choices indicates a room that has two beds in it (or one bed and a pullout sofabed should that also work for your needs).  In this instance technically your reservation is still only for double occupancy, but i don't know anyone who has yet had an issue showing up with triple/quad occupancy when a specific room type was booked and that room is designed for the number of guests in the group. (although things may be a bit more difficult in this regard in Europe)

What "landing page" are you referring to that I need to update the dates on?

In the example below do you see below that we have provide a link for you to click that will take you directly to the offer described (ie- the '4* Mayfair - Soho below is a clickable link):

4* Mayfair - Soho (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $174/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant

We do a LOT of searches every day for users and although we're usually pretty good about searching for the correct arrival and departure parameters, every now and then we may click a date wrong, forget to change things from a previous search,  etc. so we are just reminding you to confirm that after clicking the provided link (to go directly to the hotel deal that you are about to purchase) that you confirm that your check-in and check-out dates are correct.

PRICELINE- I searched for 3 rooms (2 adults and 2 kids in each)

As per above you can't search PRICELINE for 2adtuls/2kids... this information is ignored by PRICELINE and therefore the search results are as if you had searched for 2adults/0children.

Does this clarify the issues above?  Are you willing to book for only double occupancy but show up needing quad occupancy in each room?  In Europe (as well as some US cities such as NYC, Chicago, etc) i would not recommend it... where at family friendly places (Orlando, Anaheim, etc) the risk is less as they have a large percentage of rooms that can accommodate families/quad occupancy, there often is not a charge for children so you're not requiring the hotel to give you an upgrade or more you to higher room class, etc, etc.  HOWEVER, ultimately it's your decision as to how much risk you're willing to accept and how flexible you will be (to potential additional charges) should the hotel have issue with quad occupancy when only booked for double occupancy.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

They probably are still available... but only when searching for double occupancy.  The search results may differ based upon the number of rooms/guests you are including in your search, especially in an area around Europe where many rooms are only designed for double occupancy and needing quad occupancy will often be considered an upgrade from 'standard' (thus the higher prices when searching for quad occupancy per room... and why some results may disappear entirely when searching for quad occupancy instead of double occupancy)

You are correct, I just noticed how they disappeared once I changed to occupancy. I did notice that the one of them, with a Bed Choice had a Double bed and a sleep sopa, which would work for us.

Can you ID the one I found on PRICELINE EXPRESS:

1)4* Mayfair - Soho Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher) $174

Business Center

Restaurant

Bed choice available

HOTWIRE (Indicated 3 rooms- 2 adults/1 kids each)

2) 4* Soho - Leicester Square $197

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

(55% recommended) ----Based on this, I really want to know which hotel it can be so we can decide.

I feel like if there is room for one child, we can squeeze the second in the same sleeping spot.

Would you recommend booking all 3 rooms in the same reservation? I know everyone wants to pay with their own credit card, but if it has to be done with one, then it will be so.

Thanks!

If you book all three rooms separately there is the risk that inventory may run out in the meantime between booking rooms.

When searching for 3 rooms 2a/1c in each on HOTWIRE I'm seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Soho - Leicester Square for $197.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  These amenities are fairly common, but best guess in this case would be Strand Palace.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel and number of rooms are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Mayfair - Soho for $174
Business Center
Restaurant
>>>Best guess would be The Grand At Trafalgar Square

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you do have everyone book on their own, please have each stop by the board and click the links here before their purchase (although we really recommend that you purchase the rooms together so that you ensure you are all at the same property... even if everyone sees the same property on their screen and clicks the BUY button at the same time, what if there were only 2 rooms left and the 3rd person (who was last to click BUY even if only by a millisecond) gets a message that the offer is no longer available?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]