Hotwire Hotel: Help id 3.5 * in london, uk

cczornenki
By cczornenki,
in

So we can replicate your search please reply here with the dates of your trip and we will have a look at this offer.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the additional information...

For this offer:

3.5* HOTWIRE Westminster Bridge - London Eye - Vauxhall for $124.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be the Holiday Inn Express London - Vauxhall Nine Elms 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't see that property offered thru either PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, but with regular rates priced at $251/nite for your dates you're looking at nearly twice as much as the HOTWIRE offer above.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

What is your maximum room rate per nite? (before fees/taxes)

Search HOTWIRE using our BiddingHelper.com tool (for the actual occupancy you need) and in the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab:

1) on the left side of the page select 4* and higher (hover your mouse over the 4 stars and you'll see a link for 'and higher' which will automatically uncheck everything below 4stars and checkmark everything at 4 stars and higher)

2) above the search results look for the SORT BY: Zone | Star rating | Price and click the PRICE link as this will sort all of the results from lowest to highest

You can then scroll thru the listing, looking at the zones, to see if there is anything centrally located up to the $150 level.

Using this method i see:

4* HOTWIRE Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London for $117.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> my best guess for this one would be the Hilton London Kensington where there is the Shepherd's Bush tube station on the other side of the roundabout

4* St. Pancras - British Museum for $154.00
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> this might be the DoubleTree by Hilton London West End but if you wanted this one and were ready to move forward let us know and i'll research further for additional confirmation

Do either of the above work for your needs?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

EDIT TO ADD: i was researching when you typed your last reply but you can repeat the above at the 3.5* and higher level too... although i think the guessed Grosvenor Hotel

After further research I don't think it's the Doubletree...

4* HOTWIRE St. Pancras - British Museum for $109.00
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> i now believe this is likely the Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Hi, my search again for same dates  2 rooms with a total 3 adults and 2 kids is showing now at $ 131 80% recommended the Megaro Hotel London. The only issue now is that the only bed type in hotwire is 1 double or hotel chooses. My question what happens if the hotel decides to stick to that configuration. We will simply not fit. The hotel has surcharges for extra beds and also has bigger rooms with sofa bed and family rooms. What do you think?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, cczornenki said:

showing now at $ 131 80% recommended the Megaro Hotel London

What is the zone, star rating, and amenities associated with this property and what makes you think it's the Megaro Hotel?  I'm seeing a regular hotel rate at this property at $341/nite so $131 (or even $156) would seem to be very cheap if this is actually the property you're seeing (although i suspect it may not be)

We will simply not fit.

HOTWIRE guarantees that the room will accommodate the number of guests you include in your search.  On the final booking page:

Rooms sleep the number of guests.

It's a 4 star , zone is St Pancras - British Museum area. 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access

What makes think it's  the Megaro Hotel it's the hotwire message which says :  book soon the last person got the Megaro Hotel.

Please let me know your opinion. Thks

When searchinig for 2 rooms, 3A/2C, I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE St. Pancras - British Museum for $156.00
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess for this would be the Crowne Plaza King's Cross. The "last person got" message is not necessarily the underlying hotel, it's the last hotel that someone got at that star rating in that zone.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

1 hour ago, cczornenki said:

I see different amenities.

From each post above they are identical:

It's a 4 star , zone is St Pancras - British Museum area. 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access

VS.

3 hours ago, AaronJB said:

4* HOTWIRE St. Pancras - British Museum for $156.00
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet

Your budget is not that much considering you need more than double occupancy in one of the rooms... and being within 2 blocks of a metro station also further limits your options.  How about:

4* HOTWIRE Notting Hill - Bayswater - Paddington Station for $128.00
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Hilton London Metropole is my guess for this one (which looks to be almost directly on top of a metro station)

Or if you can increase your budget a little:

4* HOTWIRE Notting Hill - Bayswater - Paddington Station for $163.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the Hotwire hotel list matches the Novotel London Paddington and would be my guess for this one

Either of the above work for your needs?

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for this stay in this thread.. once you win a hotel use the GREEN 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the top right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your purchase and to add a reply with the details of your purchase; the entire thread will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board (if necessary).

I see the following three PRICELINE EXPRESS properties (since they may look similar there are links provided to go directly to each one):

4* The City - Tower Bridge - St. Pauls Cathedral (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $145/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> H10 London Waterloo is my best guess for this one

There is also this CONDO property should you be interested:

4* The City - Tower Bridge - St. Pauls Cathedral (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $152/nite with:
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
CONDO
==> best guess here would be the Marlin Apartments Queen Street

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]