Hotwire Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Sunset Blvd - West Hollywood) Beverly Laurel Hotel

Captain T
By Captain T,
in

Last night I selected a hotel on hotwire, and following the link from this site.  The $15 off any hot rate hotel (when spending over $100) coupon was valid for the situation, and it showed as being applied on the final checkout screen.  I click to book and the booking goes through, but then the confirmation screen and the confirmation email don't have the coupon discount listed, and the charge was $15 more than the total at the checkout screen.  Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I called and the best they would do was a $15 credit towards a future purchase.  I didn't have the energy to stay on the phone and fight them more.  But what use is a credit towards a site I will never use again?  I do plenty of online shopping, and I have never had the amount changed in that sneaky manner before.  That's a dealbreaker for online shopping. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue, however, as per Our Rules and Policies:

On 5/27/2004 at 10:58 PM, thereuare said:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming PRICELINE / HOTWIRE stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please provide the details of your purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, amenities associated with the property... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page; we will then try to assist with your issue above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

I've sent you a PM asking some additional details about your purchase that will enable me to have a look at our logs (and potentially reach out to HOTWIRE to see if they can rectify)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]