Priceline Hotel: Priceline Hotel: 5/11-5/16 2018 NYC Stay 4*+

kthunder
By kthunder,
in

A family of 2 adults and a 2 year old, looking for a 4 star hotel or higher from May 11th to May 16th 2018 @ NYC.

Would be great if we can stay under $180 USD (flexible), in a central area such as Times square as our travelling range will be limited due to our toddler.  

Looking to "Name your own price" or take a good express deal.

Thank you for your time!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To get started let's first address the occupancy issue... all PRICELINE offers are for double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel and they may want to charge extra for anything over double occupancy and/or may not be able (or willing) to provide you with a room that can accommodate 3 people.  While the risks are substantially lower when the 3rd guest is a child (the younger the better in terms of the risk), we're also in this instance talking NYC where the 'occupancy risk' is usually higher (vs. a more familiar friendly location such as Orlando/Disneyword) as hotels have a high percentage of rooms that only have one bed in them.

You can substantially reduce this risk if you can find a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer that shows a BED CHOICE option and one of the bed choices is a room that is designed to accommodate triple occupancy.  Although your reservation is still technically only for double occupancy, i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue showing up with 3/4 guests when a specifi room type was chosen and the room is designed to accommodate the number of guests in the group.

So i guess the questions would be... would you child need his/her own bed, are you expecting a crib or Pak n Play from the hotel, or will s/he sleep in the same bed as you?  Are you 'ok' showing up with 2adults/1child even if only booked for double occupancy?  Is you child young enough to pass for under 2 years old? (as there is another option available you could then consider)  In a 'worst case scenario' would you be OK with making a 'makeshift' bed on the floor using extra sheets, blankets, pillows?

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll then make some suggestions as to your best options for this trip.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the quick reply! 

Would you child need his/her own bed, are you expecting a crib or Pak n Play from the hotel, or will s/he sleep in the same bed as you? She can stay in the same bed with us

Are you 'ok' showing up with 2adults/1child even if only booked for double occupancy?  Yes

Is you child young enough to pass for under 2 years old? (as there is another option available you could then consider)  In a 'worst case scenario' would you be OK with making a 'makeshift' bed on the floor using extra sheets, blankets, pillows? She could pass for under 2 years old (currently 25 months old)  and I am Ok with a 'makeshift' bed

It would be a little bit over your desired $180 budget, but HOTWIRE does have this listing:

4* Midtown West for $187.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==>  The Jewel has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would be my best guess. The listing shows a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating (4.5/5 circles shaded) on the detail page, so reviews are very good. If the Jewel, certainly a fine location in Midtown. Also, there's the $15 HOTWIRE promotion link in my signature.

Would this option be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

The guessed Jewel above offered on HOTWIRE would be a good option.

Another would be:

4* Midtown East (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $194/nite with:
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Fifty NYC-an Affinia hotel would be my best guess here and with our BetterBidding Priceline Coupon brings the cost down to $185/nite so basically inline with the HOTWIRE offer.  Two Queen beds are also offered here for $208 $197 after our coupon if it's worth the added expect to ensure 2 beds

Do either of the aboev work for your needs this trip?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you AaronJB and thereuare! The Jewel and the Fifty NYC both seem to be good choices and I will have to sit down with my partner to discuss it in detail.

What would be the recommendation if we decided to increase our budget?

Something more upscale may sway us to open up the wallet. 

Thank you again for the help. 

A little higher in price would be:

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $205/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> best guess here would be the Even Hotel New York - Midtown East which is certainly do-able but not as centrally located but it is a new hotel which has been getting excellent reviews

There is also:

4* Midtown East (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $214/nite with:
Restaurant
==> The Bernic Hotel is my guess for this one, which admittedly i don't know too much about, but is also getting very good reviews

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $244/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> matches previous reports for the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan which is another new property, centrally located, and getting fantastic reviews (currently the #4 rated hotel in the city)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]