Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont-Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham

lew
By lew,
in

Flying from ISP to BWI to take advantage of SW free flight deal, my wife can't see taking the next flight back and wants to see a little of DC.

Planning to take train (or Metro) to DC.

Looking for safe zone to stay. I'll use the list from here to post rates if it'll help.

Hotwire has a 3* in Capital Hill for $139 (restaurant, fitness and business) customer favorite.

Normally I'd be looking for under $100 but that might not be realistic.

I would first complete the list of zones that you are willing to bid on, then create a strategy using all the zones... or is Capital Hill the only area you're willing to stay (doesn't sound that way).

You can use our PRICELINE MAP WASHINGTON DC to get a feel for what hotels/zones are near the sights you want to see.

Once you have a complete list of zones in which you're willing to stay i think we can be of more help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Even if I hadn't been banned I know I can't post on TOBB since I don't really know what zone I want. We want to see the normal Washington stuff, Capital Smithsonian and the like. I think it's Cherry Blossum I'm sure we'll wind up walking through that area.

I haven't been to Washington since HS, before the Metro was even started.

I need a zone that's safe and either walking distance or an easy Metro ride to the main mall area.

When I use PL in NYC I wind up with MTW since it's walking distance to the theatre district but I understand I'll probably need to take the Metro in DC to get a reasonable hotel.

The best zones for you would be Downtown/White House, Convention Center/Capital Hill and Dupont/Woodley Park. Rates are generally high for that night with some places requiring a 2 night minimum. But with prevailing rates of $279 for the JW Marriott (Downtown/White House zone) and $249 for the Omni (Dupont Circle/Woodley Park) , I think a 4* is within striking distance for under $100. So if you want to pamper yourself, I'd try a 4* bid up to $100 with $80 probably being a good starting point.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]