Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) Loews Hollywood Hotel

erinbharris
By erinbharris,
in

We are considering changing flights and moving a summer trip from New York to California. 2 nights near universal, 5 near Disneyland, then 4 in San Diego. Any suggestions on this one in Hollywood area? 

July 20-22nd, $209/night.

4* 

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business center

Fitness center

Golf nearby

Pet friendly

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Thank you! 

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* HOTWIRE Hollywood for $209.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Loews Hollywood Hotel would be my best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you! I'm still seeing it. Just trying to decide if that's about the best we'll do for these dates. Any insight on location? We'll only be in LA for 3 days/2 nights, then heading to Anaheim and SD. I'm also searching for hotels in those cities, should I start a new thread if looking for help there? Thank you. 

Please use separate threads for each leg of your trip, but please first finalize what you want to do for this trip... have you confirmed changing the destination of your NYC trip and head to California instead? (if so, please update your previous thread with your decision) 

38 minutes ago, erinbharris said:

Am I risking getting only one bed if I use Priceline?

What type of bedding/occupancy do you need for this trip, as i don't see anything above regarding needing more than double occupancy or a specific bed type?  If you need more than double occupancy, are you including the actual number of rooms/adults/children that you need in your search?

Are you ready to commit to purchasing hotels for this trip at this point in time or still debating location, budget, etc?  Have you already changed your flight arrangements?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Flights are changed. Noble Den is cancelled. So, we are committed to California. It's been a long (and freezing) winter, and we decided to go the LA/Disney/San Diego route.

Flights are July 20 - 31st. 

LA will be either the 20/21 for 2 nights, or 20/21/22 for 3 nights. Our budget is that I'd prefer to keep it to $300 a night including taxes and fees if possible, but could go higher for the perfect location and hotel. We will not have a car. Our plans include Universal, Hollywood hills/sign, Walk of fame...standard tourist spots.

My original search above was 2 adults/2 children. We need 2 beds, or a king and large pull out - but preferably 2 beds. Biggest concerns are location, that there's a pool, and a fridge in the room due to storage of medication.

Thanks! I'll end that NYC thread.

12 hours ago, erinbharris said:

LA will be either the 20/21 for 2 nights, or 20/21/22 for 3 nights.

What is the determining factor whether this will be 2 or 3 nites and when will your dates for this leg of the trip be confirmed?

a fridge in the room due to storage of medication

While many hotels do have mini refrigerators available for the specific reason you indicated, i don't believe all of them do, so there would be no way to guarantee this unless you purchase a hotel that shows a kitchenette amenity.  Is purchasing a hotel without showing the kitchenette amenity an acceptable risk?

We will not have a car. Our plans include Universal, Hollywood hills/sign, Walk of fame...

Without a car how do you plan on getting around?  There is a subway system that connects Universal and the Hollywood Walk of fame area, although it's not as widely used as other cities (NYC, Chicago, etc) and i'm not sure about getting close to the Hollywood sign via the subway.

Thanks for your reply -

The dates are 20-23rd, so the 3 nights. We were just trying to figure out if we needed 2 in LA and 6 in Anaheim, or 3 in LA and 5 in Anaheim. We decided to go with the latter.

We'll likely use Uber/Lyft while we are in LA, and then will rent a car leaving LA and through our time in San Diego. That being said, if we happen to get a hotel that doesn't charge for parking then we may rent from LA through to SD. 

We've never had a problem getting a fridge when we've travelled with our son, however if we couldn't then I'm sure the hotel could store it - or we could travel with a small cooler and could put it on ice. We'd figure it out. 

Thanks.

Searching 7/20-7/23 for 2adults/2children:

4* HOTWIRE Hollywood for $209.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess here would continue to be the Loews Hollywood Hotel

The similar PRICELINE EXPRESS offer would not be a good option as there is no Bed Choice offered, and no way to indicated quad occupancy,

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher between now and your trip, but at the moment the Lowes is priced at $341USD per nite for your dates when searching for 2adults/2children, so this would seem to a significant discount  to regular rates at this time (and you can get a few extra dollars off using our Hotwire Coupon)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I'm still watching, and hoping that something comes up a little cheaper - or that Loews deal goes down slightly, but we may just see if there's a decent March coupon and then book.

Has anybody gotten the Loews Santa Monica? We're wondering if we're better off staying in a beach area for the three days we are in LA. It's not on the list but thought I'd inquire.

Thanks again for the assistance, 

Erin

Thank you! You were correct - it was the Loews Hollywood. We are really happy with the price of this hotel for a busy season in LA. 

274.23 CAD nightly rate ($209 USD) for a total of 1003.78 CAD after taxes and fees and a $30 coupon.

Thank you thank you thank you for all of your help! 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]