Priceline Hotel: Bidding help

somenerdydude
By somenerdydude,
in

I haven't used Priceline bidding in ages and used this website back in '09-'10 when I did bid a lot.. I am looking at priceline express and saw a 4* hotel in central park south for $83/night.... It's been a while since I have used priceline (pre-express deal area), so wondering if bidding would get a better price tha PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Given, my stay isn't till Feb, I figured I would have some time to try to get a better deal. I'm pretty much looking for a 4* or higher hotel in any of the following areas, with a preference to be closer to midtown:

Midtown East

Grand Central Terminal - UN

Times Square - Theatre District

Upper East Side

Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen

Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Central Park South

Empire State Building Area

Union Square - East Village

Queensborough Bridge

West Village - Meatpacking - NYU

Chelsea Area

SoHo - Tribeca

Upper West Side

Lower East Side - Chinatown

Any suggestions on a good bidding strategy?

Welcome (back) to BetterBidding!

I'm very familiar with NYC and some of the zones above are not exactly that centrally located to midtown... what is it exactly that you are looking for in a hotel for this trip?  Is star rating and price the only criteria, are you willing to pay more for a 4* hotel with good reviews vs. a 4* with average reviews, any specific amenities you need OR location you need to be near?  What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

your username and icon looks very familiar from many years ago..I thik :). As I vaguely remembered you recommended a food cart near Columbus Circle that I went to that was very yummy many years ago.

Pretty much, I"m looking for a place to stay overall.. that is 4* or above .. doesn't matter amenities.. Most of the time I'll spend my time near Hell's Kitchen and Union Square, however, I would prioritize price over everything... So price is the main driving factor. And I would be ok with any of the locations I have listed, as the MTA is easily accessible to get me to places. So I would be willing to add on saving a bit of money on a hotel to do some little travel on the subway...While I will mostly be in HK and Union Sq, I would be traveling around to other areas too (i.e. Chinatown and Wall St..etc.).

So pretty much, only criteria: any of the locations I have listed, star rating and price

Given, I see a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $83/night near central park south, wondering if I can get a better price that is 4* or above through bidding (so budget would anything under that).

So basically, my main question would the bidding method for a 4* hotel or higher  save me some money compared to the express deal I found on PL?

The food cart (glad you liked it) was probably the 'Hallal Guys' on Sixth Ave at 53rd St (and as a side note, their popularity has risen so much that they are now opening storefront restaurants around the country and throughout the world.... imo, not as good as the food cart, but good to see them grow and to have a more convenient 'fix' vs. heading into the city when a craving hits)

Given this is a 2 nite stay you would be able to use the current deal in the board's Priceline Coupon page for an extra 5% off PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, so we will lower your maximum PRICELINE bid to $78/nite.  Using the zones you listed above i would bid as follows:

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, Grand Central, TS, UES, MTW, Rock Center, MSG, CPS, ESB, Union Square, Queensborough Bridge, West Village, Chelsea, Soho, UWS, Lower East Side (all of the zones above)

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $78

If the above is rejected you can take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal using the board's coupon code.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]