Priceline Hotel: chicago hotel help

sallyl
By sallyl,
in

Hi there!

I am new too priceline/hotwire and BB and I am looking for some help about booking:

A Hotel in Chicago in any of the following areas: Magnificent mile, river north, the loop

Dates: 24/12/2017 - 29/12/2017

Star: 4* / 4.5*

90 USD/night

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciate!!! Again I am new to this so if I am doing this all wrong please let me know :)

Welcome to Betterbidding.

This is one of the slower periods of the year so thankfully there are plenty of options under $90. However, it is Chicago in December so location/convenience does become more important in the colder months. 

Some of what I'm seeing:

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Downtown - River North for $72
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Westin River North, which is a really nice Westin property within easy walk of plenty of restaurants and nightlife in River North.

HOTWIRE (to see the full list of amenities with a listing, please go to BiddingHelper.com, click the "Hotwire Easy View" tab, then the green "Full Amenities" button next to the listing.)

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $69.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  The Westin Michigan Ave would be my best guess and has been seen with this amenity set previously. I like the Westin River North more from a hotel perspective, but the location of this property is certainly very nice right in the core of the Michigan Ave area.

4.5* Theater District - Loop for $87.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==>  Best guess would the Monaco, which has been seen with this amenity set previously. 

I'm very familiar with Chicago and would be happy to answer any questions.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Did you decide upon one of these?

Keep in mind that HOTWIRE (and PRICELINE EXPRESS) offers can change at any time, so if there is one that you are interested in, you may want to make your decision sooner rather than later (and also while we have Hotwire Coupon and Priceline Coupon available)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you let us know what star rating you'd like to bid for, which zone(s) you're willing to accept, and your maximum bid price we can suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow... but keep in mind you'll then need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone(s) at the star rating (or higher) that you choose; so no ability to target a specific property in hopes of landing the one you want and/or with better user reviews.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HI thanks for all your help I was wondering if you had any indication as to which hotels these might be?

HOTWIRE:

4.5 star River north

Complimentary Free Internet

Boutique hotel

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Spa services

4.5 Star Millenium Park

Business center

Children's activities

Golf nearby

Internet access

Pet friendly

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Spa services

4 Star Hotel River North

Boutique hotel

Business center

Fitness center

Golf nearby

Restaurant(s)

Self-service laundry

Smoke-free rooms

I really appreciate all your help thanks a lot!

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB then click the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE this morning:

4.5* HOTWIRE Millennium Park for $77.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Swissotel

4.5* River North for $76.00
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  These amenities are common, but a best guess would be the Godfrey

4* River North for $65.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Hotel Chicago. With a 4/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page, the property gets good reviews.

I wouldn't risk bidding for these dates. With prices already low, a bid win is not likely to be much lower than PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE and there are plenty of good options on those services within budget (plus, both PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE have promotions going, as noted in my signature.)

For example on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Downtown - River North for $72
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Westin River North. The promotion in my signature takes 5% off, which brings this to $68 and change per night. 

With the weather in Chicago being as it is sometimes in the Winter, I'd recommend staying fairly central/convenient. Let me know if you have any city or hotel questions before booking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]