Hotwire Hotel: Last Minute New York Trip

Irish17
By Irish17,
in

Hi

Im taking a last minute trip to New York and would like to get the best tips and advice for Priceline N.Y.O.P and Priceline & Hotwire express deals?

I need 2 rooms for 3 people staying Saturday 18/11/17 to Friday 24/11/17 for 6 nights. 
I'm looking for a 4* hotel in Times Square for around $125 per room per night.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To confirm, you need 2 rooms for 3 people in total (and not 2 rooms for 3 people in each room)?  Also, are the 3 guests all adults or are there any children?

Regardless, you're likely going to need to increase your budget at least a bit as this is high season in NYC and we typically only see $125 and under rates during the slower months (Jan - Mar) and sometimes during the summer.  However, i was a bit surprised to see rates not too far from your target, such as:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $123.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Shelburne Nyc-An Affinia Hotel which does get good reviews, but it's not exactly in Times Square (although is still well located) and also has a $27/nite resort fee on top of the rate above

If directly in Times Square is a must have then you could consider these:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square North for $137.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Night Hotel Times Square, but i will add it does not get as good reviews vs. the one above

4* HOTWIRE Theater District - Midtown West for $141.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> the DoubleTree by Hilton New York Times Square West has been seen with this amenity set previously and would be my guess here (NOTE: don't confuse this Doubletree with the one that is directly in Times Square)

4* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $151.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> the RIU Plaza New York Times Square would be my guess for this one which would be very close to the heart of Times Square, but note there is also an additional $13/nite resort fee

Currently PRICELINE EXPRESS is down and not showing any results so i can't look to see what is available there.

Lastly, i will add that you really don't need to stay directly in Times Square (in fact many people recommend not to stay directly in Times Square as there are often massive amounts of people on the sidewalks making it difficult to navigate to your destination each time you leave your hotel) and what is really most important in NYC is to be centrally located and near a subway station (ideally more than one).

If your budget is not flexible maybe you would consider 1room/3adults where this turns up:

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $198.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> matches previous reports for The Westin New York At Times Square (an additional resort fee of $29 not included in the price above)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take one of the options above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]